Quiet opening morning

burkehunter

I tried and tried but not one bird gobbled. I know they are there. I had one that went stealth on me right before I left. He saw me when I saw him. First lesson of patience this year. Hope everyone had a great morning

Glenn

I must have had the only bird gobbling on Paulding Forest. He had a bunch of hens that took him away from me. I’ll be back after him in the morning.

EastmanFireFighter

Gobbled at 710 and I gave him a lil bit to let him know I was there. He came in struttin with a buddy and I dropped him. His buddy just stood there. I could have got him but it will be fun on another day. He had 10 1/8" beard and 1 1/8" spurs.

bownutz

Quiet early

It was on after 8:30 in Morgan co.

Attachments

• 48924.jpg
    48924.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 1,177
  • 48907.jpg
    48907.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 1,175

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Silent on the Group/Harris line for me.

We had gobbling from 4 birds between legal hunting time and sunrise but they clammed up quick after that. We stayed at it until right at 11. I called in 2 hens so it wasn’t a bust.

Back at it this afternoon but the only thing making any noise is the wind.

Killdee

We had gobbling from 4 birds between legal hunting time and sunrise but they clammed up quick after that. We stayed at it until right at 11. I called in 2 hens so it wasn’t a bust.

Back at it this afternoon but the only thing making any noise is the wind.

So did you leave a trail of corn from my place??? I had 6 in a group a few weeks ago:crazy:. They burned a field up the road, probably found a new home.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I was on Troup/Harris line also , pretty quiet also , had a few sound off on roost and a random gobble til about 8:30 , definitely wasn’t on fire !

baddave

2018 turkey.jpg-- i got this one this morn.. been hearing him since tues aft.. saw him and another w/ 3 hens .. he came in w/ his buddy this morn .. i left him for seed:banana: henry co.

Last edited:

fullstrut

Quiet in Putnam this morning. Hunted til 2ish and came on home to do yard work. Good luck in the AM. Must reports are that birds are quiet in the AM and with the girls. Typical early season .

Swamprat

Swamprat
Heard 2 this morning down in Florida but we're off property.

My teammates had several gobbling but they seemed to be sticking with the ladies.