RCBS dies

dixie

Has anyone here used the "X" die from RCBS yet? If you have, please let me know what you think about it.

TJay

I haven't tried them, but seems like I read some unfavorable reviews on the Midway web site. The last dies I bought were Hornady custom grade and they are great.

georgiaboy

I have found inconsistent seating with most of my RCBS dies. I agree with the Redding if you can afford to pay the extra amount. I prefer Lee over RCBS too. I am now using my Redding Comp. seater in .308 for my 7-08 also (just started loading 7-08). I got such inconsistent seating variations and have had so many RCBS seater plugs that are too tight they end up pulling the bullet instead of seating. Forster dies are really good to IMO. RCBS= Real Crappy Bullet Seater IMO.

Wetzel

I was watching American Rifleman on The Outdoor Channel a couple of weeks ago and they were showing how new loads are worked up for Federal Premium ammunition at the Federal plant. What I found interesting about this was the fact that they were using RCBS dies along with a RCBS press in the Federal plant. With all of the negative things that I've read about the RCBS dies on the internet, after seeing that one of the leading makers of ammunition is using these dies to work up loads, well I'm glad I haven't thrown mine out.

Darryl Yates

YEP,I'll keep my RCBS dies also..They have worked fine for me..I meausure my loads and they all come up to the length that I set them at.. ::huh:

jeclif

haven't used the x dies but I have been using small base dies in 223 .30/06.308. and standard in 44 mag ,and 8mm and the only problrm I have had was after 20 years small parts break but :yeah: they all have a lifetime garouteeeee that is no questions asked just call and tell them what the problem is and the new part is on the way free :D so do what you want but me I
will buy RCBS and ONLY RCBS
thanks for reading

Hunterrs

GONetwork Member
When they first came out I called RCBS and they told me that the x-die was not designed for someone reloading for hunting because we usually don't shoot enough. Sounds like a good idea for target shooters though.

Robert

georgiaboy

I do agree that RCBS has great customer service. I still haven't figured out the seating problem but I am going to ask for a new seating stem.