Reaching out to the attorneys on that board

shdw633

I recently saw a TV ad from an attorney out west regarding lawsuits against diabetes manufacturers like Invokana, Invokamet, Xugduo, Jardiance and a couple of others. They stated that if you have suffered and amputations or fournier's gangrene as a result of the medication then call them. I reached out to them because 4 years ago I was hospitalized for over two weeks with a septic condition which at the time I did not realize could have been caused by the medication I was taking, I asked the doctor when he came in one day as to what he was doing and he stated he was trying to stop gangrene. The episode nearly cost me my life but thanks to the good doctor and 2 surgeries I am still here to ask these questions. First, are they legit or is this some scam that I sign papers and then get a big bill for something later on down the road and, Second, is 40% a reasonable fee? That's the fee they state they will get if I receive compensation.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Glad it wasn't as bad as it might/could have been. That said, I believe 40% is on the high side. 33% is the "industry" standard and 25% is not unusual to see. However, 60% to you is better than a sharp stick in the eye. I wish you luck (y)

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Not a lawyer, but this is known as a "tort." They'll gather hundreds (or more) of clients and sue and receive alot of $$ while clients get peanuts.
Yeah I had bought a lawnmower that ended up being part of a class action. I think my cut of the millions of settlement dollars was $20

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
About the same as the asbestos law suits. The attorneys are the ones making the money. Me and my 3 brothers have received a little money from my grandfathers estate from these suits.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
I guess a lil something is better than nothing, just curious could you negotiate their percentage LOWER ???

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Just so nobody gets in trouble (including me) this is the "On Topic Forum."

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
I guess a lil something is better than nothing, just curious could you negotiate their percentage LOWER ???
The portion me and my brothers received was my moms share. She passed in 2001. My grandfather passed in 2010. She has a sister and 2 brothers. They each received 25%. Me and my brothers got 25% each of my moms share. The OP may receive a substantial amount as he would be the sole recipient.

shdw633

The portion me and my brothers received was my moms share. She passed in 2001. My grandfather passed in 2010. She has a sister and 2 brothers. They each received 25%. Me and my brothers got 25% each of my moms share. The OP may receive a substantial amount as he would be the sole recipient.

I'm not sure as of now whether I am a sole recipient or not as I have not spoken to the attorney, only filled out a form they sent me hiring them. That being said it is my understanding through the internet that less than 10 people have had it as severe as I had and one of them did die. I will keep this thread updated on how this all unfolds. I agreed to the 40% because like Model88_308, 60% beats a sharp stick in the eye and anything would be more than I have now!!

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
:LOL: my name for picked for a law suit against the Ralph Lauren outlet. It was a class action. The settlement was $90 million. I got a 15% off coupon for my next visit
Lol I remember that one !