Recipes for snack sticks?

shdw633

I have done some venison snack sticks a couple of times in my smoker and have used kits but they don't seem to come out very good...they look good but they don't taste very good and end up as dog treats more or less. What do you all do for meat stick recipes or kits to get yours to come out good. I just ordered some A.C. Legg pepperoni stick seasoning and am thinking that may come out better but am wondering if anyone here has a better idea.

kc65

I use nesco jerky seasoning.....cracked pepper and garlic....sweet hardwood is also really good

the Lackster

I have done some venison snack sticks a couple of times in my smoker and have used kits but they don't seem to come out very good...they look good but they don't taste very good and end up as dog treats more or less. What do you all do for meat stick recipes or kits to get yours to come out good. I just ordered some A.C. Legg pepperoni stick seasoning and am thinking that may come out better but am wondering if anyone here has a better idea.
Ac legg makes some solid products. Honestly morton has an online recipe for pepperoni thats really simple. Its a good base to start with to get your cure right and doctor it from there.

shdw633

Add extra spices so it doesn't drip away
I read one comment on the site I bought the seasoning from that said that though the package says it would season 25 pounds you should only use it on 15 pounds for better flavor. I thought that might be a little heavy though I might use it on 20 pounds instead of 25 pounds

pop pop jones

I read one comment on the site I bought the seasoning from that said that though the package says it would season 25 pounds you should only use it on 15 pounds for better flavor. I thought that might be a little heavy though I might use it on 20 pounds instead of 25 pounds

I'm looking at it the way I judge restaurant food, I don't expect their food to have enough seasoning for me, I know they try to please the most people they can.