Redlands WMA bow only area?

AliBubba

Can y'all give me some insight about it? I have hog hunted near that area and looking for a place to bow hunt this season. Thanks in advance..

AliBubba

I scouted part of the archery only area today. Few acorns had dropped and saw some relatively fresh deer droppings. Spiders and bugs galore.

BowanaLee

I hunted a lot of the Redlands NF growing up. On 278 and hwy 15 N out of greensboro. Killed plenty of deer but no monsters. Theres some there though. I never hunted the WMA archery only area.

D

Deleted member 35556

It's a googan trap to be honest. Archery on the redlands is great cause you have the area to yourself for the most part. There's ALWAYS gonna be some googs in Watson springs. I'd say hunt there during gun if you're concerned about gun toting morons in season. Otherwise, i'd hunt the rest of the redlands during archery.

A-Bolt88

The downfall to the archery only area is it’s the first area available on 15 and many people pull over there. It’s not a bad area always good for putting meat in the freezer.

AliBubba

I'm not a bow-only guy. So, I was thinking I would mix bow with gun and specially try to take care of hogs near the river. Thanks all for you comments.