Rineheart -100 coming to Ga March 17-19

Adams Family

We will be shooting fri at 12:00 to help with some of wait in sat and sun . R-100 has us on a strict schedule. Range dose close at 2:00 on Sunday some we can begin the work to have trailer loaded before dark so if way go to the next location the following morning . This also Allows those who want shoot the novity shoots can . Sorry for your scores not being counted after the cut off. We were just trying to let those on the course to finish. We hope the the Friday opening will help . Hope to see you soon

gretchp

sorry need to clarify..scores were counted (small fit pitched), thing is we were told on the range earlier in the day they would,but then different person said no, anyway, just seemed to be some simple miscommunication.(chiefs/indians) friday is great, just really wasnt going to spend three days shooting and two nights motels...we will come and shoot our tails off and have a blast. thanks again

Adams Family

Glad you came . First year glitches. Hope to have most of them worked out this year . Thank you for comming . All the feed back is greatly appreciated. It's the only way to make it better . John

Pappy2016

Are you going to have vendors this Year? How much will it cost to have a 10x10 pop up. I was their last year with a Quietkat, also sell flashlights,cam protector....

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
I've been to 4 or 5 R100s and I've shot all 100 3 times. I've never gotten to shoot the novelties. It's no big deal to me, I know how hard it is to run a shoot, let alone a shoot as big as this one.

Adams Family

We are shooting fri starting at 12:00 to try and help with that . Every try to start early and watch the time listed on the flyier. R-100 controls the times .

Adams Family

We will be shooting fri for those wanting to beat some of the crowds . Also it will free those up that wish to novity shoots as well . Hope to see everyone there .

SK14

I have been fortunate enough to attend the R100 shoots in Iowa and Wisconsin, both of which held 1500+ archers. We attended this shoot last year and unfortunately, were very disappointed.

May I recommend extending the range for the larger targets from 40 to 50+ yards (Dall Sheep, Caribou, Elk, etc).

Also, keep group sizes to a minimum of 4, maybe 5. Groups with more than that, especially the ones out there for competition instead of fun, glassing the target prior to taking their shot, then still standing at the stake after the shot to glass again instead of letting the next person in their group shoot, REALLY slows everyone down and ruins it for the guys wanting to have fun.

Bottlenecks: Need to have one at the very beginning, very first shooting stake needs 2 targets. Then follow that with 10+- single target stakes before putting another double-target stake as to allow a much better flow for each shooting group.

Please enforce a shooting duration where any group is only given 5 minutes per target to shoot. (5 minutes per target x 50 targets = 250 minutes, a little over 4 hours total shoot time)

The largest R100 held is in Sparta, WI. There, a group of 5 of us were able to get through the entire 50 target course, both days, in roughly 4 hours due to the above recommendations.

When we attended this shoot last year, a group of 5 of us arrived at 8am. We ended up having to skip 15 targets throughout the course in order to finish by 5pm. 9 hours to shoot 35 targets is not worth the cost of the shoot nor the travel time to attend.

Please utilize these recommendations for a MUCH better time for everyone!!

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Please enforce a shooting duration where any group is only given 5 minutes per target to shoot. (5 minutes per target x 50 targets = 250 minutes, a little over 4 hours total shoot time)

5 minutes for 5 people to shoot and score and pull arrows?

Adams Family

SK14 sounds like you have it all figured out . Thanks for the feed back.We did have a few groups with too many shooters and will address it this year . First year learning experience. As far as you only being able to complete 35 targets you where the only one I have heard with this problem . There were several group that got there at 8:00 and shot the whole 100 in one day . Did you get lost ? We had 856 shooters last year and had few complaints. And took all in consideration for this year.WI had just a few over 1000 . Talked to officers of R-100 and we where close to them .The five minute will not work .We don't want everyone haveing to run through the course.The biggest problem is ,this is a compation but more of a fun shoot. The one that take it serious rangeing, glassing before and after shot and seeing if arrow is pulling line or not , all to win a $5 R-100 pin are the ones that slow thing down and takes all the fun out of it . The range has yardages marked to speed thing up .The ones that use this opportunity to bring the kids, family and friends had the best time . They used the down time between target to fellowship ,socialize ,and meet new friends.I shoot ASA ,state ,and local tournaments but look forward to this shoot the most because we can shoot just to have fun. It's also great the chance to get new shooters involved in this sport. Anyone with a bow and arrow can shoot this .As far as yardages R100 has rules that limits us on yardage for certain targets .Some of there targets cost a lot and they don't want shooters to hit inserts not the bodies.We put this shoot on for a fundraiser for our 50 +/- young shooters 4th-12th( the future of this sport ) Theres more involved in putting this shoot on than it seems and when your following guidelines set by R-100 .Come enjoy your self .Take the time to be with family and friends . Interduce someone new to 3-D .Relax and Enjoy the fresh air . Find something good to focus on and leave the negatively at home .

Last edited:

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
I'm planning on coming. I haven't had my bow out of its case since bow season and I won't get a chance to shoot until Friday evening.

Fourfingers

Can't wait till sat hope to get down Friday for a little bit. Shot both course last year in one day any came back the second for the scores. Had a blast just rember to bring water boots as the rain might come.