Robo vacuum / mop??

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
We had a robo vacuum that ran every night at 9pm. Having ductless air units - this thing was the bomb for controlling dust, even under beds. Keeping dust under control is the key to keep the mini roller clean in a ductless air unit.

Looking at upgrading to the vacuum / mop…….I know these don’t take the place of real sweeping and mopping but I can’t find a better option for controlling dust. I don’t have any carpet anywhere.

Anyone use these for in between mops? Worth it?

Last edited:

westcobbdog

We have one and when I want to roll it down the hill my wife shows me the dust and hair it collects,it's always full of stuff when it's cleaned, so yeah they work. Ours can at times be noisy and also occasionally get hung up on floor registers or wedges it's self under something. Wife hired maids who come every 2 weeks and the vac works daily in between visits.

JBird227

GONetwork Member
We are on our second ilife robot vacuum, I believe this one is the A9 which we have been very happy with. We also have the ilife w400 for mopping. I went with this one because it's the only mopper at the time that actually scrubs with a spinning microfiber roller. It works pretty good, but it won't replace a good hand mopping. It does a good job at maintaining a hand mopped floor, does well sucking up the water. Ours is used on hardwood floors that are not very shiny. I can't speak for what the results would be on new shiny floors or tile. I can say we have been happy with it, but I'm not 100% sure I would buy another mopper or not. It just doesn't get used like the vacuum does.

dslc6487

We have used one in our house........however, we have a new puppy that we are in the process of "house and potty" training. Recently he "pooped" on the rug, big rig, in the middle of our living area. Robo ran through the poop before we realized it. It was a heck of a mess. Took carpet to have it professionally cleaned. Robo went to dump. May get another one once puppy is about 10 years old and properly trained. If you have an inside pet, try to get the pet and Robo coordinated to stay away from each other.......
just saying

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
No inside pets here. But I can imagine the issues that ^^^ caused.

hopper

We have used one in our house........however, we have a new puppy that we are in the process of "house and potty" training. Recently he "pooped" on the rug, big rig, in the middle of our living area. Robo ran through the poop before we realized it. It was a heck of a mess. Took carpet to have it professionally cleaned. Robo went to dump. May get another one once puppy is about 10 years old and properly trained. If you have an inside pet, try to get the pet and Robo coordinated to stay away from each other.......
just saying
That sounds terrible and did you mean 10 months old :rofl:

SarahFair

just saying
Ugh, same thing happened here, but we had a senior dog that would have a rare accident..

Ours ran through it and I swear, I spent more time cleaning up that mess than the vacuum ever saved me facepalm: