Rock Creek Fish Hatchery Fish Kill (Reward Offered!!!)

someguyintraffic

Still trying to figure out why would whomever was in charge signed off on the original design that left the valve gate outside secured premises. RCFH stated it was designed that way. Not smart. Secure your hatchery.

porter62

Still trying to figure out why would whomever was in charge signed off on the original design that left the valve gate outside secured premises. RCFH stated it was designed that way. Not smart. Secure your hatchery.
Guess they never thought that this would happen it's a different world we live in now so much meanness these days.

someguyintraffic

They should have eliminated any possibility from the start by securing the very life blood of a fish hatchery, their water.

JackSprat

It was built in 1937 and originally didn't even have a fence around it. The fact that it has to have one now is a truly sad testament to how far we have fallen as a society.

Wonder if it is a CCC project?

Wonder how much interest there was in trout fishing in GA in 1937?

Tmpr111

Find it even harder to believe they weren’t monitoring the valve/switch with some sort of security or fire alarm type system. Although I don’t know the setup there but that could’ve let someone know it had lost power or had been shut. Just a sad pointless act.

ripplerider

I would bet on either:

A) grumpy mountain redneck who wanted to kill the stockers so folks would stop fishing all "his" creeks

B) drunk mountain redneck with a bad case of "what does this button do?"

So it was definitely a mountain redneck who was responsible huh? I mean, who else could it be? That area is just one of the most heavily used camping destinations in the mountains with vehicles from all over the state present every weekend. Look, it could be anyone. Lay off the "mountain redneck" talk please.

ryanh487

So it was definitely a mountain redneck who was responsible huh? I mean, who else could it be? That area is just one of the most heavily used camping destinations in the mountains with vehicles from all over the state present every weekend. Look, it could be anyone. Lay off the "mountain redneck" talk please.

I like mountain rednecks. I plan to have them as neighbors sooner than later. But based on the ones I know (and still like), either one of those possibilities are still highly likely.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I would bet on either:

A) grumpy mountain redneck who wanted to kill the stockers so folks would stop fishing all "his" creeks

B) drunk mountain redneck with a bad case of "what does this button do?"
Or a bored goth teenage tourist from Atlanta. That's more the type that burned the whole town of Gatlinburg down a couple years ago.

fish hawk

Bass Master
They got meth everywhere, that area does not have the patent on meth.
I'm not buying the meth head theory,meth heads are normally looking for something to steal or a place to cook up the stuff.Maybe someone with a grudge or teenagers fooling around.

PappyHoel

Stock truck chasing was a full time job up there, what a shame.

ripplerider

Sounds like you need to hang around with a better class of people when you're up here. I've lived in the mountains for the last 45 years and I dont know anyone who would do something like this. Based on the flatland peckerwoods I know (and still like) there's a good possibility one of them did it. How does that sound? Lumping people from a geographic area into one category isnt cool.

ripplerider

I dont know anyone personally who chases the stocking truck either. Not saying it doesnt happen but I bet if you look at the tags of those doing it plenty of them are from south of here.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Y'all really need to brush up on the appropriate assignment of your regional insults. Mountain folk are Hicks or Hillbillies. aka NC Hillbilly. Flatlanders are Rednecks. Mouth breathers applies to all regions as does peckerwoods as does meth heads and other drug abusers as none of those are restricted to a specific topographic or geographic region. Moron's hasn't been used yet, and is subjective to the topic as it is easily confused with low intelligence vs lack of knowledge about a subject. I hope this clears things up and the insults can be applied appropriately from here on out. ::ke::pop:

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
How 'bout we just dont use any insults?
Like "flatland peckerwoods"?

Yeah, let's run with that!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm pretty sure nobody was addressing you personally with their slang comments, no matter how guilty you felt in the need to respond to them with your slang comments.

How about we just stick to the topic of the thread and not be so thin skinned? :pop:

ryanh487

Redneck is not an insult... I've been labeled that myself more than once and I take it as a compliment.