Saturday mornin thunderstorm gobbler

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Good story with this'un.
We heard a bird at dawn at the back of a small foodplot. We walked in the woods, briars and vines in the dark of daybreak to get to the front east side of the food plot. We started lightly callin. Bird started gobblin after us. Yeti was ALL SMILES when the gobbler would answer his slate call!!!
Bird quit gobbling, I told Yeti the bird probably on the ground now, just sit statue and keep looking for him.
No gobble or no bird for 5 or more minutes.
Then a gobble from behind us. Far enough away and in dense vegitation I knew we could move. So Yeti was 1st to suggest we switch side on the food plot to see the bird come in head on.
We did.
No gobble for a few minutes, Yeti played his slate and a close loud gobble from the back of the food plot! I quickly realized we were dealin with 2 different birds and told Yeti to turn on his tree for right handed shot comin down the food plot.
THEN!!!! I'n North East Ga it got as DARK AS NIGHT ALL OVER AGAIN!!!! Wind picked up and the pines were blowin sideways!!!! Then no sprinke or light rain to start I mean the bottom just fell out!!! Huge rain drops and trillions of em!!!
I said you wanna run to the truck? (I't over 1/4 mile through thick woods)
Yeti said lets get in Uncle Noah's blind!, (which is just 50 yards away).
So we run to it and get zipped up inside and there's NO CHAIRS IN IT! So we sit on the ground and open the velcro windows.
10 ta 15 minutes go by and the rain starts slowin way down.
We both think the hunt is over, birds may have saw us run for it or they may have just lost interest. But I leaned to the window and got cut off by gobblers after a couple yelps.
Told Yeti they RIGHT BEHIND US! LET THEM COME PAST US!
Oh yeah I forgot to mention earlier that Yeti broke off his front bead on his 870 20 gauge on the walk down to the foodplot at dawn.
So he has no front sight, 2 long beards come in like 10 ta 15 yards from this blind! Yeti is aimin the best he can out the window from the ground without a chair or a front bead!
I thought the birds were too close and the shot wouldn't spread enough and blow right past a bird head and neck.
But Yeti got steady on the lead bird, shot, and nailed him right in the neck!!!!!
Was a GREAT hunt even gettin wet! And I'm SO excited that birds were gobblin at my sons calling and he was thrilled about it too!
1679940444412.png

wvdawg

Staff member
Nice one - congrats!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Woohoo! Way to go Yeti! Maybe when y’all are tagged out, you can call one up for me! That’s just awesome right there! :rockon: