School 1967-2007 Scenario comparison

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I use to take a rifle and a .22 pistol to school about every day. Every Friday, I would go to the hardware and buy 500 rounds of .22, go to the local dump, and shoot them all in one afternoon ( I attended 1/2 day my senior year, worked at a TV repair shop from 12:30 til 3:30, the the local chicken plant from 4pm to 9pm) since I didn't work at the TV shop on Fridays.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I use to take a rifle and a .22 pistol to school about every day. Every Friday, I would go to the hardware and buy 500 rounds of .22, go to the local dump, and shoot them all in one afternoon ( I attended 1/2 day my senior year, worked at a TV repair shop from 12:30 til 3:30, the the local chicken plant from 4pm to 9pm) since I didn't work at the TV shop on Fridays.

I did the work release thing too in my senior year. Worked at a textile mill.

GreenPig

In the early-mid 80s when I was in high school, I used to have my truck in the school parking lot every day with a shotgun and .30-30 rifle in the rack. We made stuff like hunting knives and swords and bear traps in shop and welding class.

The outbreak of methheads pretty much ruined the gun-rack-in-the-truck scenario. Back then, people wouldn't bust your windows out and steal your guns, we didn't even lock the truck doors. Now, I doubt if a gun in a rack in a locked truck would last through a five-minute sit at the gas station while you were inside buying a pack of smokes.
You can't have guns in a gun rack anymore or leave anything unlocked is due to the lack of punishment. LEO's lock them up and judges let them go.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
You can't have guns in a gun rack anymore or leave anything unlocked is due to the lack of punishment. LEO's lock them up and judges let them go.
Absolutely. I had a methhead cousin and her boyfriend who were arrested one day for stealing chain saws from my neighbor. They were bonded out within a few hours, and got arrested that night while out on bond for breaking into a gun shop in town. They were out on probation and back to stealing soon.

westcobbdog

at the old Marietta High back in the day Mr Callahan patrolled the halls administering justice and had no problem lighting up ones rear end with his plastic paddle which looked like a boat paddle. Kept me in line except when me and GF snuck over to her house one day for lunch. Yeah he made me pay for that. He always said in a yankee nasaly drawl voice " this is gonna hurt me more than it hurts you"

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Scenario: Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt.

1967 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal,
goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.

2007 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse.
Billy is placed in foster care and joins a gang.
State psychologist convinces Billy's sister that
she remembers being abused herself, and their dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has affair with psychologist.

This one still makes me laugh. Not because it's fake but because it's probably true thousands of times over.:rofl::rofl::rofl: