Schoolbus brake check

leroy

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Charged with 29 counts of child abuse. But no accountability of kids bad behavior, i share his frustration. Years ago parents would have told their kids hush your whining you should have listened to driver.

Back when I was a kid if you acted up on the bus: 1) warning, 2) paddling, 3) kicked off the bus where ever the driver decided to and walking to and from school the rest of the year. Nothing but a bunch of snowflakes now a days.

basshappy

BANNED
I want the locals there to call on Paula to ride the bus for 1 week ...

""Riding a bus to and from school should be a happy, enjoyable experience for students," Paula Hans said in a statement. "The behavior and actions of this bus driver are completely unacceptable."

Not enough footage in this snippet to see what kids were doing prior to the bus stopping quickly. I have seen some busses in past 20 years where the kids are a direct reflection of the lack of good parenting at home in America. Bus drivers can't so squat, teachers can't do squat, and parents aren't doing squat.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
Mine did that on a weekly basis between clutch dumps on the old blue bird 4 speed in the late 80's. It WAS to teach us to stay in our seats in case of an actual accident. A random drill so to speak... That was back when the top of the benches didn't have any padding and the lesson stuck.

oldfella1962

I want the locals there to call on Paula to ride the bus for 1 week ...

""Riding a bus to and from school should be a happy, enjoyable experience for students," Paula Hans said in a statement. "The behavior and actions of this bus driver are completely unacceptable."

Not enough footage in this snippet to see what kids were doing prior to the bus stopping quickly. I have seen some busses in past 20 years where the kids are a direct reflection of the lack of good parenting at home in America. Bus drivers can't so squat, teachers can't do squat, and parents aren't doing squat.
"Who doesn't love a yellow school bus?" :)

buskamala.jpg

oldfella1962

Mine did that on a weekly basis between clutch dumps on the old blue bird 4 speed in the late 80's. It WAS to teach us to stay in our seats in case of an actual accident. A random drill so to speak... That was back when the top of the benches didn't have any padding and the lesson stuck.
Bluebird for the win! Man did Bluebird have the school bus market cornered or what?

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
How come buses are exempt from "mandatory" seat belt laws like every other (over 2 wheeled) vehicle on the road? Let the popo start fining the parents every time their brat gets up with the bus in motion just like they do the rest of us when they see us without a belt on. That'll help cut down on this mess.

leroy

How come buses are exempt from "mandatory" seat belt laws like every other (over 2 wheeled) vehicle on the road? Let the popo start fining the parents every time their brat gets up with the bus in motion just like they do the rest of us when they see us without a belt on. That'll help cut down on this mess.
Lol, can you imagine trying to keep 50-60 kids in seatbelts for 1-1.5 hours.

Big7

The Oracle
I wasn't on a bus route but rode the bus home with my girlfriend sometimes before I got my license. We also rode busses on field trips.

Kids were actually afraid of bus drivers back then. What they said went. No questions.

I wouldn't be a bus driver nowadays because kids are dangerous and you can't even defend yourself for fear of being fired and/or sued.

hopper

Back when I was a kid if you acted up on the bus: 1) warning, 2) paddling, 3) kicked off the bus where ever the driver decided to and walking to and from school the rest of the year. Nothing but a bunch of snowflakes now a days.
Yep. Got kicked off the bus and had to ride my bike to school all yr. Probably over 4-5 miles in the cold up hill both ways :rofl:

westcobbdog

My drivers Ed teacher in high school, coach Les, had zero problem doing the same thing with 3 kids in the car, standing on the brakes from the front passenger seat at the very smallest of infractions like not using your hands correctly to turn the steering wheel.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
My drivers Ed teacher in high school, coach Les, had zero problem doing the same thing with 3 kids in the car, standing on the brakes from the front passenger seat at the very smallest of infractions like not using your hands correctly to turn the steering wheel.
Mine at McEachern was just like that.