Screven county

Jim Boyd

Screen and Burke are both excellent counties.

Nice place to hunt.

SRShunter

They got a high fence in that county or something. That deer looks like something from the midwest

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190205-195159_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190205-195159_Gallery.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 93

Blackston

They letting em grow up. Look at the truck buck entries. I believe thus guys boy killed a toad as well

Blackston

IMG_1215.PNG

Swamprat

Swamprat
I hunted a few years in Screven, have property just West of you in Emanuel. Like a lot of Counties certain areas have better quality of deer.

We were in North part of county and best we could hope was 120 to 130", been several years since I have hunted there so dynamics might have changed.

Lot of deer in that county though but also a lot of road hunters at night....least when I hunted there.

Kev

I like screven. I worked in that county for a couple years and there is a lot of deer

Jim Boyd

Screven and Burke both enjoy the fact that they are in close proximity to SRS.

Many of the wise hunters determine when the planned hunts are at SRS and simply find places where the deer cross the river and set up shop.

Irrespective of organized SRS hunts, the area along the river really benefits from the plant.

I would say without the influence most areas in Screven are capable of 140+. Not a ton of them but very capable.

Why some folks feel the need to be rude about something as trivial as deer hunting is beyond me - but, be that as it may....

Jim Boyd

Screvens been shot out for 4 or 5 years now

I have not done any research on this but I suspect Screven is no more hammered than many other counties.

I hunted in Bulloch for the better part of 30 years and I would compare it to Screven. Maybe a little more tillable in Bulloch but we have had very predictable success there now since 1980 or so - meaning we have hunted the farm for almost 40 years. I still have access (including use of the house and a good bass pond) but rarely go.

If you want to find a reason to hunt, you can.

If you want to find a reason not to hunt, you can do that, too.

I would hunt there in a minute, I believe the genetics in Screven are better than my SC farms - although SC farms have less pressure and more deer (most likely).

Best of luck to all.

Last edited:

Buckstop

Screven is one of the better counties in east GA. Considering Millhaven Plantation at 26,000 acres and Wade Plantation at over 10,000 acres are both there and very well managed, its about as good as it gets in the eastern part of the state.

Blackston

Always been Good. I know of a taxidermist that has a wall with 20 or 30 giants from around poor robin