Season dates

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Got an email today and plan to start lining up some vacation days. Woohoo. If this has already been posted, sorry. I didn’t see it.
A34F8971-EFC6-402F-9358-08AA89675BB0.png

transfixer

Got an email from GON with the dates in it today ,, Once again our experts at DNR have decided the piedmont region and even the counties along our NW border with Alabama need " 72 ",, thats right ! 72 Doe days ! why don't they just say we want to annihilate the population throughout that region ,, lets just be plain about it ,,

Utterly ridiculous !

mtrdud

Got an email from GON with the dates in it today ,, Once again our experts at DNR have decided the piedmont region and even the counties along our NW border with Alabama need " 72 ",, thats right ! 72 Doe days ! why don't they just say we want to annihilate the population throughout that region ,, lets just be plain about it ,,

Utterly ridiculous !
I AGREE! I've been screaming this for years.

GSPEED

These regulations are not for hunters. 72 doe days is why I stopped getting in clubs, if I didn’t want to see a deer I’ll hunt where I’m at. We got 3 doe days here which is 10 too many and no either sex on CNF which is too late if there’s no enforcement. These regulations makes me think intentional herd reduction wasn’t just for the deer.

transfixer

These regulations are not for hunters. 72 doe days is why I stopped getting in clubs, if I didn’t want to see a deer I’ll hunt where I’m at. We got 3 doe days here which is 10 too many and no either sex on CNF which is too late if there’s no enforcement. These regulations makes me think intentional herd reduction wasn’t just for the deer.

DNR doesn't care what hunters opinions are, I have no clue how they figure all those counties need 72 doe days ? Some of those counties are hunted hard , by a lot of hunters, while some of those counties don't receive half the pressure that others do, But yet they have the same amount of doe days for all of them? and I know all of those counties don't have the same herd population either .

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Not gonna pretend I know what’s best, but i see a bunch of deer where I hunt when it’s NOT Deer season! I think it’s a bunch considering it’s public land and all......I don’t expect to watch a field full. I certainly do agree that it could and should be more localized. Georgia is really diverse.......the North is way different than middle GA or the southern end.

Kdog

Y'all need to remember that hunters asked over and over for years to have more opportunities to take does to manage the herd. Just because you can, does not mean you have to. ;)