Shooter returns after hunting season (typical)

Meriwether Mike

He will be a hammer next year. Get in on him early before he moves to his preferred Fall area.

Deerhead

Yeah he's a democrat scared to play with the boys. Hope you can connect with him next year. He should be a stud.

Anthony61

BANNED
My question is.... where do they go? A picture then popped into my mind of this guy hanging out in someone's backyard all hunting season with a sign that says "Will work for corn. Please pet me." :p

Dean

Yep. They can go anywhere that provides food, cover, security and during the Rut, does and fewer buck competition. We have over whelming 'evidence' that some bucks have a Spring/Summer range, and then a Fall range, we have trail cam pics over 2 years of one particular buck- 2 Summers, 2 Falls indicating that those ranges can be up to 3 miles away. Just this past 2020 season, we had weekly pics of multiple bucks all Summer/Early Fall. 2 of those bucks 'disappeared' in late Sept/early Oct - no pics no stand sights, zero. Then low and behold, they both returned to their Summer range after Christmas, and we started getting pics again.

whitter

BANNED
I think I seen him hanging out at Walmart back by the dumpster. They are worse than Tractor Supply about broken bags of corn:geek:

sghoghunter

Yep. They can go anywhere that provides food, cover, security and during the Rut, does and fewer buck competition. We have over whelming 'evidence' that some bucks have a Spring/Summer range, and then a Fall range, we have trail cam pics over 2 years of one particular buck- 2 Summers, 2 Falls indicating that those ranges can be up to 3 miles away. Just this past 2020 season, we had weekly pics of multiple bucks all Summer/Early Fall. 2 of those bucks 'disappeared' in late Sept/early Oct - no pics no stand sights, zero. Then low and behold, they both returned to their Summer range after Christmas, and we started getting pics again.

I’ve got thousands of pictures here at my house that proves they have different home ranges. I watch them on camera grow all summer then they haul tail soon as they shed velvet

Sixes

They're the same bucks that the next guy over shows a pic and says "this joker shows up in October and leaves in January" he's done it for the last couple of years. I don't know where he goes.

Several years ago, we had a piebald that would show up in December. 3 years in a row, 2 of those years was the exact same date and the other year was 2 days different.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I’ve got bucks on camera that like to show up maybe once a week, then nothing for 2 or 3 weeks......they surely can hide!

rosewood

This guy went nocturnal, then disappeared. Now he returns to my camera. I knew deer could read. They must have internet too.
They have the Outdoors GA app on their cell phones, helps them keep u with seasons and regs. Turkeys use the app also.