Should Have Hunted This Weekend I Guess

4x4Taco

Maybe but you would have been sweating and swatting at Sketters and Yeller jackets and might have ran him off before he got that close. lol He will still be around when it cools off a little. Nice one.

HIGH COUNTRY

Not sure about the rack ,but his body looks mature...

After killing an eight pt, I passed on two similar bucks later in season last year - may be one of those.

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
Sunday was very odd for me. I had 2 does, 2 fawns, and a 4 pt in the field just before 5pm. I then had two bucks come toward me from a pretty unexpected direction about 30 minutes apart before 7:00. Saw the moment when one caught my scent and I think the second stopped on the path I walked in on and turned around about 3 steps short from giving me a shot. I was in some water oaks that were falling so I assume that's what they were after.

Point is, deer don't typically come into this pasture that early in the afternoon and the last time I saw a buck do what these did was during the peak of the rut last year. I was out there more to just observe and enjoy the evening but ended up almost getting a shot off at a nice 8 point. Good start to the season!

transfixer

They were definitely moving good in our neck of the woods, regardless of the heat, 3 out of the 4 guys in our club saw multiple deer, biggest seen was a 6pt though.