Simple grill food....delicious and plenty of leftovers

Dub

My wife is awesome. She loves pretty much anything I conjure up in the kitchen or grill....or at least pretends to.

We were enjoying a lazy afternoon watching the U.S. Open and she offered to go to Zaxbys for some salad and wings. I wasn't crazy about Zaxbys but the food choice sounded great.

DVR instantly deployed and off I ran to Publix for the makings. Round trip and coals started up in under 35 mins. They are one of the only local spots that I know off that sales just the drumettes...the wing part we love the most.

Stuffed and wrapped a few jalapenos as well. Those things are stupid good. Tried using the fat free Philidelphia cream cheese and I was very impressed. I also yielded a bit of flavor and used a no carb "honey" mustard dressing for my salad.

I applied a bit of evoo on the wings and dusted 'em with chicken rub....cooked 'em and then put teriaki sauce on hers and some extra-hot Frank's on mine.

A good salad thrown together from a kit and it was game-on.....back watching the U.S. Open and loving it.

2011-06-18_20-02-33_623.jpg

2011-06-18_19-57-19_402.jpg

2011-06-18_20-08-25_854.jpg

Sometimes the simple and quick stuff is the best. Leftovers are gonna be great, too. Tasty and ultra low carb, if that matters to you.

I almost caved in and bought a gas grill this weekend to replace ole trusty rusty....the flavor on these wings has convinced me to stop that madness. Charcoal for me.:cheers:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Outstanding! Pics are great.Can't see the vid at work( blocked) but I will watch when I get home tonite!:clap:

nkbigdog

Love the presentation on that wrap...Looks great

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
:clap: LOVE me some drumette's!! :cheers: