Sink drain assembly issues

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
If the bottom of the sink looks like this you need a flat gasket.I do not have an overflow tube on these sinks

Attachments

• KIMG0631.JPG
    KIMG0631.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 19

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Some faucets come with different washers.I have seen some type people buy the faucet kit,get the washer they need and return the faucet instead of just buying the washer to begin with.
Yours might have been missing the correct washer.

Cwb19

A simple trick is to thread the nut and rubber washer all the way down press plumber putty into the threads and retighten The problem is the rubber gasket does not compress into the threads

bany

They told you wrong. Not sure what an overflow has to do with anything, almost every bathroom sink has an overflow.
I’d guess you directed this reply my way?
It actually worked. They couldn’t give an answer as to why that particular drain assembly worked that way. I don’t know if they added that disclaimer to their instructions or not. Probably the oddest thing I ever heard and it was still temperamental.
I have several new bath sinks and only one has an overflow. Not that that matters.

I am in process of replacing a faucet in my bathroom and am struggling with a leak. On the drain assembly there is a rubber gasket that gets tightened with a slip nut to the bottom of the sink. The leak is happening right at this rubber gasket for two reasons. One: the hole at the bottom of the sink is very jagged. The acrylic/porcelain material seems to be slightly chipped as opposed to a nice, smooth hole (not sure if this is normal). Two: when I tighten the slip nut to tighten the rubber gasket, it does not look like the entire assembly is sitting flush to the bottom of the sink. I have the flange in the sink drain seated properly, so is it common for the bottom of the sink to be off kilter from the drain? What was supposed to be an easy fix has turned into a head-scratcher for me
:(
emergency plumber in Wellingborough
I am also facing the same issue.

Last edited:

Doboy Dawg

These sink tailpieces always seem to be a pain in the rear for me also. It seems like for every one I get to seal, I get one that leaks.

I’m going to try some of this guys tricks. I guess if it’s a metal tailpiece you seal it to the sink with plumbers putty and if it’s plastic you use silicone.