Snake ID PLEASE

GMORE

Found this in my Garage by Dog. Not sure of ID. Not the best pic. Thanks for any assistance.

Attachments

• 3B3C0FA6-83D9-46B9-9A9B-B76694130AB1.jpg
    3B3C0FA6-83D9-46B9-9A9B-B76694130AB1.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 258

GMORE

Thanks! I try to let em live, but this one struck at the dog and was not sure if she was bit or what type of snake.

Dbender

There are only six types of poisonous snakes in Ga. Some are pretty rare. So you really only have to learn six snakes. They are pretty easily identified also.

southernman13

Yep forgot the little guy. There’s some old Indian mounds on St. John’s river in c Fl. I lve ran across many a pigmy on Sunday me if them. It’s been many years back. Don’t believe I’ve ever seen one in Ga. I know there here though

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
There are only six species of venomous snakes in Ga. Some are pretty rare. So you really only have to learn six snakes. They are pretty easily identified also.

Now your fixed statement is usually true. I’ve stated that to many people.
Awareness and knowledge doesn’t hurt. Learn some of the most common non venomous snakes like kingsnake, rat snake, garter snake and the rare indigo just in case you wanna save a few good snakes from a shovel head. A venomous snake will have some serious natural warning sign nine out of ten times. Use caution when in doubt but chances are it’s obvious after you study them a little. Over one hundred species in Georgia are harmless and only six native species are venomous not counting the hognose.

Dbender

Yep forgot the little guy. There’s some old Indian mounds on St. John’s river in c Fl. I lve ran across many a pigmy on Sunday me if them. It’s been many years back. Don’t believe I’ve ever seen one in Ga. I know there here though

The only pygmy rattler I've ever seen was in a campground off the st. johns river. He got eaten by a big owl a couple of minutes after I saw him.

Latest posts