Software Glitches

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Yes, we are having them. A security update was applied that the current version of Xenforo is not compatible with. The Security update cannot be rolled back which means Xenforo will have to be updated. There are other problems associated with that so it will be a few days before the fix is applied.

The error that is occurring is intermittent. Some are experiencing it in PMs, others on the open forums and for some it's happening with both. When you get the "Oops!" error message after submitting your post ignore it. Your post was saved and published. Continuing to click the Submit button will post your same post again. Ignore the duplicate post that appears in the dialog box. It will continue to show up every time you come back to that thread. To make a new post highlight the "unposted" text and delete it then type the post you want to make and submit it.

It's going to be a while until this gets fixed so please be patient and don't put 230 grains of .45ACP JHP through your monitor because that won't help. It might make you feel better and relieve some frustration but you'll still be out the price of a new monitor and in the mean time you'll miss the latest Best Gun thread in the Deer Hunting forum.

specialk

Not yet. Enjoy the new coat of paint for a few days until we can get the old themes working on the new version of the forum software ?
thanks B, no biggy, i know some other xen's have that option.....

@elfiii , I'm 100% certain that the upgrades better protect the users of this forum, but is there a document outlining its benefits?

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
@elfiii , I'm 100% certain that the upgrades better protect the users of this forum, but is there a document outlining its benefits?

There is never an upgrade that is better. Upgrades are supposed to fix problems but all they really do is create more bigger problems like this one.:bounce: