Some Eatin' at the Beach

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
We spent the last week at the beach, did a little eatin' out and a lot of eatin' in.

Some big ol' humongous prawns brined and grilled up with a couple Paymaster-treatment ribeyes:

prawns-n-steak.jpg

prawns-n-steak2.jpg

Steak n eggs n bacon n sausage:

breakfast1.jpg

We went out fishing and culled a few big whiting for supper:

friedfish1.jpg

friedfish2.jpg

Sorry for the next series of blurry photos, the camera flash got accidentally set on some weird setting.

Three-egg omelet with chorizo, ham, peppers, green onions, jalapenos, jack cheese, and such:

omelet.jpg

We made shish kebabs with chicken, peppers, onions, pineapple, marichino cherries, red taters, and bacon:

kabobs.jpg

kabobs2.jpg

We went fishing again and made up some fish tacos with homemade guacamole, roasted chiles, and such:

fish.jpg

tacos.jpg

We decided to make up a multi-course appetizer supper one night. This was a lot of fun, and really good, too.

First course: Sesame-seared ahi tuna with pickled ginger and sesame/soy dipping sauce:

tuna.jpg

Second course: pan-seared sea scallops with a bacon/balsamic reduction sauce:

scallops.jpg

Third course: stir-fried vegetables over sauteed spinach with crispy fried egg noodles:

veggies.jpg

Fourth course: chipotle-sauteed jumbo shrimp with mango salsa:

shrimp.jpg

Fifth course: Key lime pie:

pie.jpg

Sixth course: Coma:

arlo3.jpg

arlo.jpg

ryork

All of that looks great! You got me wanting to catch some whiting, that little fish is hard to beat when it comes to table fare. The pup is awesome too!

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Looks great Hillbilly!

tsharp

So that is what a whitiy is? We call that a black mullet. That is one of the best eating fish there is. This is what we call white trout. We caught these a few months back.

Attachments

• 20131018_104606.jpg
    20131018_104606.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 595

SapeloJoeBro

Hillbilly you done awesome as usual. Y'all ate fabulous Brother. That tuna and shrimp just knocked me out. I'd tear em up.

Love the salt air and water anytime.:cheers:

Mines knocked out too. Long day for da lil fella.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 587

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Wow Hillbilly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Y'all had a fine time, looks like! Some mighty fine eat'n was had at the Beach! Love the pics Brother! :clap:

Dr. Strangelove

Good looking eats!

VANCE

im the real max
008_zps4891ff72.jpg

Hornet22

ROMEO
Mighty fine Low Country eatin' NCHb. Be there in 17 days, hope the fishees is bite'n:cheers:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
All of that looks great! You got me wanting to catch some whiting, that little fish is hard to beat when it comes to table fare. The pup is awesome too!

Yep, those whiting are one of the tastiest critters out there. They don't seem to freeze too good, though, so we usually keep what we want for right now and turn the rest back.

So that is what a whitiy is? We call that a black mullet. That is one of the best eating fish there is. This is what we call white trout. We caught these a few months back.

I think the whiting's official handle is "southern kingfish." But whatever we call 'em, they're mighty good. Those sand trout look good, too!

Mighty fine Low Country eatin' NCHb. Be there in 17 days, hope the fishees is bite'n:cheers:

Fishin' pretty rough last week, whiting were the only thing biting good and they slowed down a lot after the big cold front on Thursday. We only caught a few small trout, no keepers. Usually tear the trout up down there. We usually go down in June, and the fishing is usually a lot better. The water was still cool and pretty muddy, and the tides went from "drive a boat down the interstate" at high to "walk halfway to Bermuda" at low. :bounce:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Sweet baby Jesus at the delicious eats! I ain't droolin', I'm slobberin'! :cool:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I think we need to form a lazy dog support group. :bounce:

droptine06

Official Supper Thread Starter
My goodness man, that all looks ridiculously good! You need to make a cookbook man and/or open a restaurant. Seriously!