South Fork Hunting Dove Hunt

tucker80

Dove shoots have not been their thing. However, that being said they do have a lot of sunflowers planted this year on another field. I honestly believe they're trying to turn it around. I won't be there until they prove they can get it right. And I can be there in under 5 minutes.

Long Cut

Search feature works wonders.

Not sure what their setup is for 2018 but the 2016 shoot left A LOT a disappointment. Nothing was planted or burned for Dove, it was all 3-4’ tall sorghum with 1 or 2 bushogged trails that were roads. Of probably 90-100 hunters, I think 4-6 birds was the best bag limit. If you were lucky enough to shoot one, finding the bird was harder than shooting it.. unless you brought a dog.

The BBQ lunch was jam up, though.

Upland game seems to be their real passion, which they do an excellent job at.

MEWBWHWOD

I have been there and it was terrible. They also refused to answer any messages after the shoot- email, phone calls, text. The lunch is good and the upland hunting seems legit. The dove hunts seem crooked. Every review online says the same about the doves and rave about the quail. It’s close, but too many shooters and very few doves. Rather drive farther to someone who has doves and not focused on supplementing quail fields. Won’t rob me again on doves.