Spaghetti

ryork

Squash that is....... Have never had one before last night. I planted two vines of these in my garden this year, and have somewhere around 20 of these things sitting on the counter in my back room at the moment. They will keep for quite a while, and definitely plan on using them often. This was really good! Halved the squash, coated in a little oil and salt/pepper. Roasted in the oven at 375 for 45 in or so. Let cool, took out the seeds, and then scraped out all the "spaghetti". Combined that with Conecuh sausage, some chopped leftover chicken, onion, pepper, garlic, spinach, and parmesan. Put that back in the squash, covered with more cheese, gave a splash of olive oil and w'shire, then a layer of bread crumbs and baked for another 15 min or so. Wife really enjoyed it too! 8-5 (13).jpg8-5 (14).jpg8-5 (15).jpg8-5 (16).jpg

Dr. Strangelove

I've got one sitting on my counter now. Love that stuff!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Squash that is....... Have never had one before last night. I planted two vines of these in my garden this year, and have somewhere around 20 of these things sitting on the counter in my back room at the moment. They will keep for quite a while, and definitely plan on using them often. This was really good! Halved the squash, coated in a little oil and salt/pepper. Roasted in the oven at 375 for 45 in or so. Let cool, took out the seeds, and then scraped out all the "spaghetti". Combined that with Conecuh sausage, some chopped leftover chicken, onion, pepper, garlic, spinach, and parmesan. Put that back in the squash, covered with more cheese, gave a splash of olive oil and w'shire, then a layer of bread crumbs and baked for another 15 min or so. Wife really enjoyed it too! View attachment 1031517View attachment 1031518View attachment 1031519View attachment 1031520

Looks Tasty!!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Looks good! I grew some one year, I'd do them kind of like that on the grill. They're pretty good.

georgia_home

Nice. The kid and I like it. The mrs; not so much.

I like that serving. We usually do regular meat/mushroom sauce over it. Yours looks good.

ryork

Nice. The kid and I like it. The mrs; not so much.

I like that serving. We usually do regular meat/mushroom sauce over it. Yours looks good.

I thought about doing some sort of beef and mushroom type concoction. I’ve got plenty of them so maybe will give that a try next. I was a little surprised at how well these things produced. Most of them are as big as footballs.

naildrvr

Man you have got one heck of an imagination and some mad cooking skills!!! That looks awesome as usual.