Spotted Bass tournament on the Flint

BDD

Anybody going to try their luck? Does anyone know if you can only use artificials ? Then my next question would be how do I tell a spot? I fished the Flint for 40 years, and if the bass was over 12 inches it went in the cooler. I'd only keep 2 or 3 for dinner. It didn't matter to me what it's official name was, they all taste the same .

Anybody going to try their luck? Does anyone know if you can only use artificials ? Then my next question would be how do I tell a spot? I fished the Flint for 40 years, and if the bass was over 12 inches it went in the cooler. I'd only keep 2 or 3 for dinner. It didn't matter to me what it's official name was, they all taste the same .

Good information on black bass identification can be found here: https://georgiawildlife.com/fishing/angler-resources/GeorgiaBassSlam#Species

Like Damidgede mentioned, the toothpatch on the spotted bass is an easy distinction among other bass like largemouth and shoalies.

Good luck and hope you fill the cooler!

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
I wish they could catch all of the spots in the Flint but I`m sure that`s an impossible task. Catch em, eat em, give em away, or feed em to the coons.