Sprayer Reviews

mossyhorn

I have had a couple of the 12volt sprayers with 40-60 gal tanks in the past and have not been too satisfied with their performance. I’m thinking of getting a 55 gal 3 point hitch sprayer with the 6 roller pto type pump from my local tractor supply. The price seems good at $799 for the boomless and $899 for the boom sprayer. My question is...Has anyone used these type sprayer and how did you like the performance? Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated, thanks fellows!

billc

I bought the 60 gal Fimco 3-pt boom type last year and it works great. They will tell you that the cast iron roller pump will only last a year or 2 with Roundup. Will have to buy the stainless pump when it goes. Have not used it yet this year. Unfortunately they don't sell the sprayer with the stainless or without the cast iron.

Albuds

I have had a couple of the 12volt sprayers with 40-60 gal tanks in the past and have not been too satisfied with their performance. I’m thinking of getting a 55 gal 3 point hitch sprayer with the 6 roller pto type pump from my local tractor supply. The price seems good at $799 for the boomless and $899 for the boom sprayer. My question is...Has anyone used these type sprayer and how did you like the performance? Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated, thanks fellows!
I bought a Cropcare sprayer 4-5 years ago and have used it extensively with no problems. It is a boomless 25 gallon unit that is perfect for my Polaris Ranger. Very well made and equipped with a superb pump. They also make pull behind and 3pt hitch sprayers. Highly recommend.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
We've fitted our old roller pump sprayer with a diaphragm pump and it works good. Have been using the diaphragm pump for about 5 years now. Those roller pumps can't stand up to glyphosate or roundup. We rigged the pump with 12 volts from the tractor,works great.

BriarPatch99

Don't know how handy you are with metal ...but a frame and a plastic 55 gallon barrel would not be hard to build .... Then invest in a good pump ...

Add a selector and add a hand wand for those places you need to direct a dose

Stroker

I bought the 60 gal Fimco 3-pt boom type last year and it works great. They will tell you that the cast iron roller pump will only last a year or 2 with Roundup. Will have to buy the stainless pump when it goes. Have not used it yet this year. Unfortunately they don't sell the sprayer with the stainless or without the cast iron.

You will get a lot more life out of that roller pump if you disconnect the suction line going the pump fro tank and connect a garden hose to the pump and flush it well asap after use. Do not let the spray solution set in the pump any longer than necessary. Before flushing pump flush pump, tank and all lines with clean soapy water. If using boom sprayer remove spray tips and screens and clean thoroughly for best results.