3pt Sprayer advice

bnew17

I am looking at getting a 3pt sprayer for my tractor. I have a 15 gallon tank with boom set up for my Ranger, but it is an absolute nightmare to set up, transport, etc. I would mainly use the sprayer for food plots and my garden. Largest plot is just under an acre, and the smallest plot is 1/4 acre with maybe 3 acres of plots total. I potentially will have a 5-6 acre dove field in the next 3-4 years. Should I be looking for boomless or with a boom? And how many gallons? I assume I would be better off with a smaller tank since I do not have a great deal of land to spray. Would 40 gallons work? I looked at a Fimco sprayer at TSC that is selling for $599, but it looked very cheap. I assume the larger sprayers are PTO and the smaller are electric/battery?

Lilly001

For your stated use I would stay with an electric pump.
I’ve got a Fimco of the size you noted with a boom.
I like the boom because I think it’s more adaptable.
With limited modification you can lower it close to the ground to reduce wind drift. I also mount mine side pointing for road and trail maintenance.
And you don’t have to fill it if you don’t need that much. But it does come in handy for larger jobs.

TomC

Not a three point but I've got a 25 gallon boomless Fimco I attach to a carry-all on the back of my tractor. I have directed A LOT of nasty words towards the Fimco over the past couple of years. Keep spare parts / nozzles on hand and flush it thoroughly after every use. Thought the pump had died a couple weeks ago but after some Youtube research fixed it.......for now at least. Might not be anything better than the Fimco's in this price range though.IMG_0691.jpg

ChattBuck

I do a 5 acre field. I have a 50 gallon boomless and it's a PTO powered pump sprayer. 50 gallons. Comes with a spray wand. Lots of people make one like this and they were running 400-800 range when I got mine 3 years ago. I think mine was $550.

Never used a boom sprayer so can't compare/contrast for you but my boomless has been great and I have no complaints.

WishboneW

Not a three point but I've got a 25 gallon boomless Fimco I attach to a carry-all on the back of my tractor. I have directed A LOT of nasty words towards the Fimco over the past couple of years. Keep spare parts / nozzles on hand and flush it thoroughly after every use. Thought the pump had died a couple weeks ago but after some Youtube research fixed it.......for now at least. Might not be anything better than the Fimco's in this price range though.View attachment 1157735
Never had anything but problems from fimco. Northstar for me

Dean

Bought a 60 gal UTV sprayer, with boom and wand from Best Way AG (shipped out of KS as I recall) several years ago. The wand (incl 25' hose) is great for spraying fence rows as you ride along and of course the boom for plots. The boom uses tight springs that temp fold back when you "hit" something. Probably not the least expensive alternative, and they did offer 3 pt hitch models, really had no issues other than replace washer/tip on boom spray nozzle.

deers2ward

Bought a 60 gal UTV sprayer, with boom and wand from Best Way AG (shipped out of KS as I recall) several years ago. The wand (incl 25' hose) is great for spraying fence rows as you ride along and of course the boom for plots. The boom uses tight springs that temp fold back when you "hit" something. Probably not the least expensive alternative, and they did offer 3 pt hitch models, really had no issues other than replace washer/tip on boom spray nozzle.

Was just looking on their website. Do you know if you have the "3 nozzle wet boom" or one of the "4 row" booms?

Dean

Correction, my wand included 50' hose. I have the 12' boom, it included nozzles. It folds inward when not in use. Our boom mount goes up and over most tailgates as some competitive models go straight out the back and you have to leave the tailgate down.

deers2ward

Correction, my wand included 50' hose. I have the 12' boom, it included nozzles. It folds inward when not in use. Our boom mount goes up and over most tailgates as some competitive models go straight out the back and you have to leave the tailgate down.

I got quoted $1,350 not including freight yesterday for this 50 gallon UTV sprayer with hose and 3 nozzle wet boom. Didn't say how may ft the hose was, but guessing it is 50 also

Have you had any issues at all since owning it?
UTV.PNG

Dean

As posted, I have the 60 gal UTV, with boom wings and springs that protect longer boom if they hit something like a tree or fence post, the boom is made out of fiber composite material. 1/3 the weight yet 3 times more impact resistant. No experience with the wet boom you posted. I have the 5.3 gpm motor. Purchased in 2018 and as I recall freight was @$120.00....obvisouly inflation and freight charges (fuel) have increased substantially since, so can't speak to current freight charges. Anyway, other than needing to replace a small nozzle cap; the tank, pump, wand and boom have performed flawlessly. Can't tell in the photo on this 50 gal tank, but assume it has similar filter that I recommend checking, cleaning periodically- especially based on your (clean?) water source when filling. Clean tank, spray wand, boom after use and don't leave glyphosate (round-up) in tank unused for extended period of time.... that stuff turns into clumpy white goop, don't ask me how I know :cool:

billc

Stay away from the Fimco 40 gal 3-pt model. The plastic tank attaches to the base frame by 4 bolts that come up through the frame into the bottom of the plastic tank. Each of these 4 spots will eventually leak within the first summer. Fimco replaced the first tank under warranty but it also began leaking after the first use. I replaced this sprayer with the 60 gallon PTO-driven sprayer. The pump supplied with the sprayer is not rated for roundup and failed after 1 year but I replaced it with a stainless version still going after 4 years. The stainless pump is not available with the original purchase of the sprayer. This is a boom model and works well with an very even 12' spray