Spypoint Cameras are Crap

jims

I have 6 Spypoint cameras. They work 50% of the time. Every month or 2 Spypoint changes the firmware and the cameras stop working. I must go out 200 miles away and manually update them. I call the company and they tell me I must have cameras with me for them tom to help. Spypoint has replacedmost of them, but the hassle is not worth it!

walukabuck

yep I have one that at least still takes pictures. I'll just use it like a regular camera and not renew my subscription. Not worth the constant hassle.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
I have two, one works most of the time. The newest one not so good. I use them to monitor our main road coming into the woods, and to watch hog traps. Last Sat, camera watching a hog trap had not sent a photo. I arrived and found a huge sow in the trap. I wasn't happy. This morning, the camera that works most of the time did send a photo of a doe getting in a hog trap. I went and released her.

Attachments

• doe trapped .jpeg
    doe trapped .jpeg
    459 KB · Views: 36

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
I've called spy point once. The fellow I spoke with had an attitude more or less giving me an idea he thought I was stupid. Let him know it wasn't me, it was their cameras that was the problem. I wont buy from them again.

psedna

UAEC
I have Spypoint - four regular cell cameras and two adaptors for manual cam to make them a cell cam. The two adaptors never worked, though I tried several different cam brands.

I only had one cell cam working out of the four in their second year (first year was very rocky, they did warranty one but not the others); now at end of the second year none of the four are working.

Score is 0 out of 6! I am not very good at math, but that is a really low batting average... Ha

I have a great deal for anyone interested in several "slightly used" Spypoint cams and adaptors?

I ran four new Reveal X's this year, and knock on wood - They have worked fine.

Ditto above comments, usually they are in the woods two hours away from home and work.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
If you want a quality cellular camera I’d check out Ridgetec . One of our own also .

Hawken2222

RECONYX are pricy but worth every penny. I have been running them for over a year now and I could not be happier.

Latest posts