St. Simons Island restaurants

WaltL1

Will be at St. Simons in a couple of weeks for 4 days. Fishing with a guide one day and surf/pier fishing the rest of the time.
Now the important part - SEAFOOD.
Looking for restaurant recommendations. NOT looking for fancy or an extensive wine list.
AM looking for a big ol' Captains Platter type thing of fried seafood.
Any recommendations? Thanks!

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Will be at St. Simons in a couple of weeks for 4 days. Fishing with a guide one day and surf/pier fishing the rest of the time.
Now the important part - SEAFOOD.
Looking for restaurant recommendations. NOT looking for fancy or an extensive wine list.
AM looking for a big ol' Captains Platter type thing of fried seafood.
Any recommendations? Thanks!

Jinrights Seafood
The Crab Trap
Barbara Jeans
The Red Barn (Benny's)

Are are long standing, family run, dang good places to eat.

While in town, you should also go hit Willie's Weenie Wagon for chili dogs and a pork chop sammich.

Lotta good eatin' on my list!

WaltL1

Jinrights Seafood
The Crab Trap
Barbara Jeans
The Red Barn (Benny's)

While in town, you should also go hit Willie's Weenie Wagon for chili dogs and a pork chop sammich.

Thank You sir!

WaltL1

I agree with the above but would have to add Iguanas. They have my favorite fried shrimp and not too expensive.
I came across their website and was wondering about them. Looks like they are very close to the pier. Going to give them a try for lunch one of the days we are pier fishing.
Thanks!

Willie's Weenie Wagon is a must on any trips to the coast. It sure isn't high class dining but the food is great. You know it's a good place when the locals are lined up out to the road.

ridgerunner404

Jinrights Seafood
The Crab Trap
Barbara Jeans
The Red Barn (Benny's)

Don’t forget
Marshside grill
Mudcat charlies
B&J’s
Skippers
So many excellent places around here. BUT,,,,,, I would stay away from hungry crab. After you eat at some of the other places I’m sorry but opening that place was a waste of money.

MudDucker

Staff member
I like the first list, but I also try to go to Bennie's. An island tradition.

cuda67bnl

Mudcat charlies
B&J’s
Skippers.

Never been impressed with any of these. They’re always busy, and the locals seem to love em. But I’ve never had a great meal at them. I wouldn’t even rate them as mediocre. I love fishing out of Darien, but I’m still waiting to find good food there.

watermedic

Surprised that Mullet Bay and the Frederica House didn't make the list.

I'll take those two and Benny's Red Barn over all the rest unless I am wanting crab soup!