State Parks, FYI.

Reel Big-uns

If you visit a Georgia State Park, here are some things you should know before your visit, per their website.

(Now I would think if you encounter a wild creature that you cannot avoid and there is an imminent threat that most likely will cause injury or death then there is most likely exceptions for this.):huh:

http://georgiastateparks.org/Rules

Park Rules and Regulations

Rules and regulations are posted at site offices and must be observed by all guests and their visitors.

Smoke-Free Facilities: Please be advised that smoking is prohibited in all enclosed facilities, including buildings owned, leased, or operated by the State or local governing authorities. This includes all lodge rooms & facilities, park cottages, group shelters, group lodges, group camps, Chattahoochee Bend Adirondack Campsites, Mistletoe Camper Cabin, Seminole Treehouse Camping, Watson Mill Log Cabin Bunkhouses and yurts camps. Georgia Smoke-free Air Act of 2005

Pets: Pets are welcome at state parks and campgrounds if leashed (no longer than six feet) and accompanied by the owner at all times; however, they are not allowed in or around historic sites, lodges, group camps, swimming areas, or some trails at Panola Mountain and Tallulah Gorge. Pets are allowed only in select cottages with advance reservations and a fee. Kennels are not available. Owners should clean up after pets.

Intoxicants: Consumption or use of alcoholic beverages or intoxicants is unlawful in any public-use area.

Campfires: All campfires must be kept in designated areas such as a fire ring. Never leave a campfire unattended. Smaller fires with coals (rather than large flames) are better for campfire cooking and toasting marshmallows.

Weapons: Bows and arrows, explosives, fireworks, slingshots, fishing spears or any device that discharges projectiles by any means is prohibited. Firearms must be unloaded, cased and stored, unless a person possesses a valid weapons-carry license for a firearm that is valid in Georgia. A person possessing a valid weapon-carry license to carry a firearm valid in this state may carry such firearm on Georgia State Parks and Historic Sites, except on sites where carrying such firearm is prohibited by federal law. Firearms except those that are unloaded, cased and stored are not permitted on sites that are leased, federal Army Corps of Engineers property, including:
Red Top Mountain
Seminole
George T. Bagby
Florence Marina
Tugaloo
Hart
Bobby Brown
Richard B. Russell
Elijah Clark
Mistletoe

Reciprocal Firearms Agreements
Some states have reciprocal firearms agreements with Georgia, and their citizens may possess a firearm as long as they possess a valid weapons carry permit from their respective state. These include:
Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah and Wyoming.

Collecting: All wildlife, plant life, driftwood, artifacts and any other natural or man-made features are protected and may not be disturbed or removed. Please leave wildflowers for other visitors to enjoy. Possession of metal detecting equipment is prohibited.

Motor Vehicles: Park roads are public roads. All vehicles are subject to license safety requirements and regulations of the Georgia Department of Public Safety. ATVs are not allowed in state parks.

Noise Levels: Please be considerate of guests who are visiting state parks for a quiet, natural experience. Radios, televisions, musical instruments and all other noise-making devices are not to be used between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m. and must be kept at low volumes during other times.

Visitors: Visitors to cottages, campsites and lodge rooms are welcome; however, the number of visitors and registered guests must not exceed the stated capacity at any time. Visitors must leave prior to closing times.

Group Activities: All group gatherings must conclude before 10 p.m.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Great information for all, but be prepared for a slew of questions. No matter how accurate of a picture you paint some folks just never understand it. ;)

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Hey Miguel, why do you think there will be questions?

I've as of yet been able to pin point it to one discernible attribute. Government Education? Lack of cognizant reading skills? ADA/ OCD / MOUSE? Who knows, but regardless of how well defined a regulation is, some Einstein will come along and ask a question to the contrary of what is specifically spelled out in black and white (or black and tan in this case) right there in front of them.

Sort of like a hardcore Miami fan thinking that their teams name is the Tigers..:huh:

Oldstick

Here's a question.

I assume the blue highlighting is based on an actual story to be told?

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
What if I go to the park on a weekday in a month with no holidays ??

Can I take my 28 ft python as long as he is on a 6 ft or shorter leash ?

snookdoctor

No. The article clearly stated that pets are welcome (no longer than six feet).

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master

The longest barrel I've seen on a .357 Colt Python was 6", which I believe requires a holster, not a leash. It would take a real man to steadily aim a Python with a 28' barrel...::ke:

I wonder what the muzzle velocity would be on exit at 28'? :rofl: