Stay healthy during trapping season

canine933

Guys please pay attention to subtle hints your body gives you in anything you do especially while setting traps or and physical activities. I haven’t felt good in a long time even while setting traps I had subtle hints, but passed it off as being heavy. Cleaning out the garage a few weeks ago I had a discomfort under my left shoulder blade that would radiate to my chest. I was short of breath a little it was really no big deal. Second day same thing again, no big deal. Called that Monday and set up an appointment with the heart doctor. He was not alarmed said it was probably because I put on some pounds after my knee fiasco that I have been dealing with since a year ago and was out of shape causing my heart to work harder. EKG blood pressure and heart rate was excellent. We still set up a nuclear stress test for last Wednesday. Got a call that afternoon they had found a small abnormality. We set up a heart cath for this past Tuesday. They found I had 2 95% blockages in the LAD (widowmaker) artery!!! He put a long stent to cover both blockages. I was absolutely floored. It’s been two days and I feel absolutely great. I can actually breath again. I don’t know how close to death I was, but feel like I would not have made it another year. Please pay attention to anything that feels different with your body it may save your life. Hopefully I will be back seating traps soon.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
It’s great it was caught in time and you are on the road to recovery. I’ll put you on my prayer list.

trad bow

Yep I’m walking that same trail as some of y’all. I’ll have my left shoulder replaced this coming Tuesday. Second year in a row I’ll be missing trapping

trad bow

I hope. I had my right shoulder replaced July 2023. In 2022 I had three rotator cuff surgeries.
Hunting fishing and trapping have been nonexistent since May of 2022

sportsman94

I’m probably far from y’all (just south of Perry), but if any of you injured folks want to ride a line, mine will be open to yall anytime. Or anyone not injured that wants to go is fine too. I know it can be frustrating to have an itch that your health won’t let you scratch and a little company never hurts. We may not catch anything, but I’ll provide you with a cup of coffee and probably more conversation than you care for

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
My dad
My grandfather
My GGrandfather
My gggrandfather
All has heart attacks. My dad lived through his. The others didn’t
Guess what will probably happen to me

canine933

My dad
My grandfather
My GGrandfather
My gggrandfather
All has heart attacks. My dad lived through his. The others didn’t
Guess what will probably happen to me
Well I learned it’s not always weight that makes you short of breath. It’s has been a whole different world as far as energy and breathing. I still have my nerve damage pain from shoulders to feet, but I can at least breathe.

canine933

I’m probably far from y’all (just south of Perry), but if any of you injured folks want to ride a line, mine will be open to yall anytime. Or anyone not injured that wants to go is fine too. I know it can be frustrating to have an itch that your health won’t let you scratch and a little company never hurts. We may not catch anything, but I’ll provide you with a cup of coffee and probably more conversation than you care for
I’m a lot closer to you than you think. I even trap very close to you when someone calls.

trad bow

I’m in Eatonton. I won’t be able to drive for two months and then just locally. Just got over the right shoulder enough to drive when the left shoulder rotator cuff tore again.