Sting relief..

specialk

my granny put baking soda and then vinegar on a bite for me...let it fizzle...she would then kiss me on the cheek...i would feel better after all that......

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
Brown's Mule plug chewing tobacco. Cut a piece and chew it till it's pliable then put it on the sting. Try not to swallow any while chewing.
If it's your first attempt, yep....you won't be worrying about the stings for long! Everybody in my family comes running to me. Yea...nasty habit.

Hillbilly stalker

If it's your first attempt, yep....you won't be worrying about the stings for long! Everybody in my family comes running to me. Yea...nasty habit.
Yep....you'll be hugging a stump and slap forget about that little ol sting :rofl:

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I recommend this kit. Highly. It creates enough suction to keep the poison from moving into your bloodstream and itching and burning so much later on.
I must have a 1/2 a dozen of them between my truck and home and and deer camp.Screenshot_20210830-173013_Chrome.jpg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Chewing bakker or a chewed up plantain leaf here. The plantain leaf actually works better, I think.

specialk

Dob a little turpentine on it. Worked good then, still works good now.

i remember our local baptist preacher was a Raleigh products salesman, he would call on us a few times a year....granny would by a few things along the way one being a bottle of stuff called ''pine-e-oil''.......strong smelling stuff....we'd use it on all kinds of stuff....even farm animals with cuts and sores.....

Nerf Warrior

This may sound weird and can be the 'butt' of many jokes but Preparation H works pretty well. Its good for the inflammation and itching.. Being on an ambulance for 25 yrs you pick up some home remedies.. Baking soda will stop poison oak if you bathe in it before you break out..just fwiw

Athos

Supposedly, tooth paste is supposed to be the best according to some internet dude that let bees sting him just to try all the old remedies.

The old man just took the pinch out of his lip and stuck it on my leg when I was a kid.

Athos

This may sound weird and can be the 'butt' of many jokes but Preparation H works pretty well. Its good for the inflammation and itching.. Being on an ambulance for 25 yrs you pick up some home remedies.. Baking soda will stop poison oak if you bathe in it before you break out..just fwiw

Had an old great aunt that put it on sunburn when I was a kid. Worked pretty well from what I recall.

frankwright

First scrape the sting area with a knife blade or credit card to be sure the stinger and sac are not still attached.
Then use Ammonia! It is Alkaline and will counter the Acidic Toxins in bee venom!

Anvil Head

Just carry a jar of meat tenderizer with you. Make a little paste up with spit and daub in on the sting. It will break down the proteins in the venom. Works like a charm and easy to keep around.

tell sackett

i remember our local baptist preacher was a Raleigh products salesman, he would call on us a few times a year....granny would by a few things along the way one being a bottle of stuff called ''pine-e-oil''.......strong smelling stuff....we'd use it on all kinds of stuff....even farm animals with cuts and sores.....

My favorite uncle growing up was a Raleigh salesman for as long as I knew him. We went through a many a can of Raleigh’s salve. You have brought back some wonderful memories.
Sorry for the derail.