Sumting different…

georgia_home

Got the mrs worried. Looking for something different, tired of the same old same ol. Picked up 2 cans of salmon. chicken if the sea was better then kRoger brand. Price was right. mrs gave me a dirty look, base on memories of the things her mom made with that stuff. And how bad it was. Well, since we met and dated, I introduced her to OLD BAY! And we used the can recipe.

i think she changed her tune and would eat it again, make the old bay way! Also had 3 real backfin cakes too. Wasn’t gonna mix them together. Wouldn’t ruin real crab that way… but the salmon was ok, probably on the menu again a couple times a year. mrs and son gave it a respectful thumbs up.

IMG_2901.jpegIMG_2900.jpeg

Oldstick

You inspired me GH. The wife and have been discussing the salmon patties we have made in the past. Always too dry, mostly bread and not moist and meaty like both our moms always did. I made one batch the other day that were better by cutting down on the bread crumbs. Decent but not seasoned enough.

So today I used the remaining can of Chicken/Sea salmon and followed the exact recipe you posted. Only thing different was I used Progresso plain bread crumbs and cut back to a small amount about equal to a slice of bread or so. Seemed too sloppy at first to make patties, but I decided to let it sit for a few minutes to let the bread soak in some of the liquid and voila ...perfect but still very moist patties.

If they turn out will post pics later.

Oldstick

Muchas gracias, GH. Perfect. My wife even bragged on them. Surprised me a little because I didn't know for sure if she would go with the old bay seasoning.

Attachments

• salmon.JPG
    salmon.JPG
    247.9 KB · Views: 3

georgia_home

Really like extra crispy! ummm ummmm good!

Muchas gracias, GH. Perfect. My wife even bragged on them. Surprised me a little because I didn't know for sure if she would go with the old bay seasoning.

Oldstick

Really like extra crispy! ummm ummmm good!
Yep, extra crispy for my wife. There were 2 or 3 more missing from the pic just a tad less browned. I think "the cat" must have snagged those up. (y)

I am definitely gonna try the crab version next. I know exactly where the recipe is, now. On the can in the cabinet.

Last edited: