Suppressor / form 4 times under 90 days

georgia_home

Folks on 2 other sites I frequent are reporting return times under 90 days on requests since about JUNE.

Anyone here purchase recently? Turn around time?

***edited: since about June. (Not guns . Autocorrect )

Last edited:

georgia_home

Yeah the “newer”, since maybe June are rumored to be moving fast(er)

K80Shooter

I purchased one in Nov. 2018 and still waiting on my stamp. Just a little over 300 days now. Mine is for a trust.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I heard the speed lane was online only...

K80Shooter

I heard the speed lane was online only...

Right now they are not accepting anything online, mail only. Mine was done online thru SilencerCo using the kiosk at Ga Gun Store in Gainesville.

K80Shooter

Just to correct my above post.
I used Silencer Shop, Also the info about the online filing might be outdated as well. In one place it states they are not accepting any online applications as of April, in another place it says April 2014 so who knows.

K80Shooter

I called Friday 10-11-19 and checked on mine, their response in one word..... Pending.

320 days and counting.

ryanh487

Were those on trusts or individual? I've heard trust form 4s are still approaching a year wait time while individuals are getting approved in 3-6 months.

K80Shooter

Mine is a trust, I knew it would take longer, just not this much.

K80Shooter

UpDate…….. 365 days and still counting.

K80Shooter

Well after 380 days I got the call saying my stamp had came in. I picked it up the next day, not sure I'd do it again but it's water under the bridge now.

K80Shooter

Dusty Roads

I been thinking,thinking..... maybe we'll just drop the $$$ on a quiet Texan Airrifle instead.

Kanook

If you ordered one when you first got interested, it might be in your safe by now.

If you are handy, you can make your own on a Form 1 and the wait isn't as long.

I was all set to order an airforce air rifle till I read that it has to be approved for hunting use again.