T-Post Camera Mount Ideas

KKrueger

I need to place a few cameras on T-posts tomorrow. Will they just strap right on or do I need to make some kind of mount or board for them to attach to properly?

whitter

BANNED
You can just go to home depot and buy a couple eye bolts and a couple of flat washers and bolt them together thru the eye and make sure the bolt size is the thread size is the same as the cameras back and just put it thru a hole in the post and bolt it up. or u cud make a slip over adjustable highth.

whitter

BANNED
If ur cam has a bottom mounting screw hole then just buy a threaded eye bolt and put a matching bolt and washer up thru it into the cam mounting hole.
1698691527122.png

Blackston

This camera is on an old t post I pulled up out of a feild edge …. Drove it in with hammer strapped camera to it , used excess strap to kinda “ secure it” it’s been working fine …… I think you can get away with just strapping it … just my 3 cents

Attachments

• 3179A781-05F8-4A82-8A75-79C3D2394293.jpeg
    3179A781-05F8-4A82-8A75-79C3D2394293.jpeg
    236.2 KB · Views: 11

buckpasser

I just weld a small bolt on the top of short T post. Drive the post, careful not to strike the threads (weld bolt off center or to the side helps) then thread cam on. I gently lean the post as needed. It’s a little hoopty, but it works good.

Blackston

I just weld a small bolt on the top of short T post. Drive the post, careful not to strike the threads (weld bolt off center or to the side helps) then thread cam on. I gently lean the post as needed. It’s a little hoopty, but it works good.
Hoopty is a word I haven’t heard in a long time lol

buckmanmike

The eye bolt clamps work great until they have been exposed to the elements and they rust up frozen. Maybe give them a shot of lubricant occasionally.

I ended up using a 6 foot sweet gum and left some limbs on it. Dig a 2 foot hole with a shovel and mounted it like normal
IMG_0368.jpeg