Tadpoles

NOYDB

BANNED
All sizes from small dark ones that grew to be toads, to large green ones that turned into bullfrogs. Had a small kiddie pool for the yard that I dumped a bucket full of bullfrog tadpoles in. Attracted hawks that fought with our banty rooster. I often wondered what hawks "thought" about that rooster protecting bullfrog tadpoles. Maybe "takes all kinds".

We didn't lose many hens when that banty was in charge. Banty roosters are known as the feistiest chickens you can raise. They are too small for fights but they don't know that.

HermanMerman

All sizes from small dark ones that grew to be toads, to large green ones that turned into bullfrogs. Had a small kiddie pool for the yard that I dumped a bucket full of bullfrog tadpoles in. Attracted hawks that fought with our banty rooster. I often wondered what hawks "thought" about that rooster protecting bullfrog tadpoles. Maybe "takes all kinds".

We didn't lose many hens when that banty was in charge. Banty roosters are known as the feistiest chickens you can raise. They are too small for fights but they don't know that.

My grandfather had a bantham rooster named “Charlie.” You couldn’t get anywhere near him or his ladies without him coming on full force. The remedy was to grab him when he charged and yank a few feathers out of his backside to get him to retreat. He ended up just about bald.

NOYDB

BANNED
Had grade school class where the class project was to take some frog eggs and keep them alive until we had some frogs to release. Seeing all the phases that a frog goes thru is neat. A tadpole with legs is fun to watch.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Tadpoles dang near got me snake bit at about 5 years old. I had caught some big legged tadpoles and moved them to a ditch by the barn so I could watch them.

One morning I couldn’t find them and went to turning over rocks. When turned over a large rock there was a moccasin mouth open ready to strike. It paid the price for eating my tadpoles.