Tauras 942 .22 wmr

Stainlessman

I had ordered a tauras 942 in .22 WMR
in November of 2022.
It was at a large trading post here in Maine. They said at the time there was no ship date given but they would get it ordered.
I checked today , the order was still open and active. But after waiting this long I finally gave up and canceled the order. I'll travel to the store that's over a hour away and buy something else. I'm not sure if tauras is moving away from the revolver market and pistols have more profit in the gun world.
I did look several places but I found none available.

bighonkinjeep

What barrel length and what's its purpose?
After personally having problems with 3 different T brand revolvers (Every one I've owned) In my opinion you lucked out.
Much better options available for similar money.
Maybe try a Gunbroker search for .22 magnum revolver to get an idea of similar offerings.
Good luck.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
What barrel length and what's its purpose?
After personally having problems with 3 different T brand revolvers (Every one I've owned) In my opinion you lucked out.
Much better options available for similar money.
Maybe try a Gunbroker search for .22 magnum revolver to get an idea of similar offerings.
Good luck.
I really hate that because back in the early 90's, a Taurus 65 or 82 was as reliable and good a revolver as anyone could want. I put thousands of rounds thru a 65 and hundreds thru an 82 without a single issue. I also had a .44 special that I put hundreds through without an issue and still have a .22 Taurus Tracker that I've put hundreds through without many issues other than bad .22 ammo. I wonder why the quality control went bad?

Dub

Waiting since November 2022.....whew...

The post BLM rioting & looting / Covid era has brought on delays everywhere, in all industries....hopefully there are some other .22 mag offerings that you can get in hand much quicker.

Stainlessman

I'm a fan of the .22 mag. Have shot many coyotes and other critters with this round.
Was going to use the model 942 as daily carry. I value opinions here and respect the members. If the tauras revolvers are junk im glad i didn't get one. Once bear season arrives here, I mean spring bears not hunting season bears I carry the judge .45 colt around the property here or daily walks with my girlfriend. I'm planning on getting a new pistol soon when I come out of hibernation after a winter of working seven days a week for months. Any opinions on the Taras(not spelled correctly) turkey made 10mm ?? They have several 1911 - 8 shot models.

Dub

I'm a fan of the .22 mag. Have shot many coyotes and other critters with this round.
Was going to use the model 942 as daily carry. I value opinions here and respect the members. If the tauras revolvers are junk im glad i didn't get one. Once bear season arrives here, I mean spring bears not hunting season bears I carry the judge .45 colt around the property here or daily walks with my girlfriend. I'm planning on getting a new pistol soon when I come out of hibernation after a winter of working seven days a week for months. Any opinions on the Taras(not spelled correctly) turkey made 10mm ?? They have several 1911 - 8 shot models.

I'm not aware of Taurus making any 10mm 1911.

The only 10mm I have seen from them is a polymer framed DA/SA model. I don't know much at all about it.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
.22 WMR revolver? Hands down a Ruger Super Wrangler...

If you want a budget priced 10mm 1911, go look at Rock Island Armory.

I can 100% tell you that they are a good deal on a good pistol ...

Last edited:

bighonkinjeep

Not a .22 mag or a revolver but for daily carry (concealable) there are lots of good reasons the Sig 365 is currently king of the hill. As close to the perfect everyday carry I've ever owned. Great mix of size weight capacity accuracy power and reliability. At the end of the day you still have a Sig Sauer 365.

If I were in need of a .22 mag revolver it would be a Ruger single six with both cylinders. And at the end of the day you have a Ruger Single Six.

10mm you say. Thats easy, A Glock 20SF same weight as a 1911 with double the capacity of most. Or if a longer barrel the model 40. Legendary accuracy toughness and absolute reliability. And at he end of the day you have a Glock

In 1911s theres not enough difference in cost in my mind to take a chance on anything less than a forged Springfield Armory 1911. They make really fine pistols in various packages with most any feature you can think of right from the factory with a lifetime warranty you'll never need. And at the end of the day you have a Springfield 1911.

I love a low price as much as anybody and probably more than most but whatever you choose, in the long run, tried and proven quality firearms are going to prove their worth and firearms of questionable manufacture are going to be an excersise in frustration. A sweet price rarely overcomes bitter ownership experience.

Stainlessman

Sometimes I just have no luck at Cabelas.
The last time I bought a gun there I did the federal form and was told there's an issue so we'll call you when your approved. I live a hour away from cabelas. Not a five minute trip. On the form BTW I always include my
SS# so there's no issues. The very next morning they called, your all set come get yiur firearm. So I had a gift card from Christmas, I looked online and saw a tauras th9 on sale, ship to store. Got the email it's in. I went today. The clerk goes and gets it, nice case he says , opens it, two magazines, he removes the pistol, puts in a magazine, he grabs the top slide, cocks it, the slide stays back. Camber open. He tryst and trys and trys. He can't close it.
Calls another associate, he says there is something wrong with that gun, another associate and another and a fifth one...gun is defective from the factory. They refund my gift card. And I leave. I just can't buy a gun there. I honestly don't like cabelas. Other gun stores have a gunsmith on staff. Not this one.
This weekend there's a gun show a hour in the other direction from me. I'm gonna go kick tires there.

Dub

Other gun stores have a gunsmith on staff. Not this one.

That is where I'd shop ^^^^^^^^
Actual gun shops with people who have actual shooting experience....not some big box store where the salespeople simply exchange broscience for their tribal knowledge on guns.

Use the gift card for BassPro fishing stuff or other gear.

bighonkinjeep

Keep kickin tires on the T brand if you insist. You'll figure it out.
Sounds like Karma is trying to save you from yourself to me.

Reactions: Dub