TBG Northern Zone Shoot - 5/21/11...setup 5/14

Lorren68

Come on 7:00 am !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am ready to have some fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FVR

I'll be there around 8 / 8:30. Need to set up a trade blanket / table and unload some gear. AND DRINK SOME COFFEE!

Lorren68

I am just geting up at 7 I wont get there till 8 or 8:30 maybe!!!!!!!!!!!!

dutchman

The suicide potatoes are in the oven. We're planning to shove off by about 7:30 from Oakwood. See y'all after while...

Joe "JC" Coots

I want to thank everyone who came out to be with us today. We were so blessed with a beautiful day and such great company. Many thanks to all those who both donated such great contributions to the raffle and all those that filled those bags with tickets. Ya'll are just a great credit to our way of life and we feel honored you allow us to be a part of it each year.

Stanley and Kiva told us where the crackers are bedding on Chicamauga so we are NOT pulling targets or shooting tomorrow (sunday) like we normally do. Sorry, but crackers on a bed will just have to take priority....we'll pull the targets over the next week or so.

Thanks again for all who came, looking forward to next year already!

Lorren68

Thank you JC and family, and friends it was a blast to come shoot with all of yall!!!!!!!!!!

dutchman

The Coots family know how to entertain! Thanks to you good people for having us today. As always, you made us all feel welcome. Your hospitality is much appreciated.

Dan and Molly for putting the raffle together, many thanks to you as well. The raffle was a great success! Thanks also go to Mr. Hampton for selling tickets and for making sure we all knew what was going on with it. Thanks to all who donated items for the raffle. WIthout you, it wouldn't have happened.

What a great meal at lunch! The BBQ pork and chicken were just superb as was the bear and antelope. The food that other folks brought was fantastic as well.

I enjoyed the day very much!

pine nut

Great day with great folks having a great time! It does not get any better than that! Thank you all for the hard work to give us such a good time, and for sharing your part of heaven with us!
Bill and Karin

Al33

Just as I always do when I attend a TBG, NGTA, HH Classic, OF, or Appling Archers shoot I have a great time.:) I ended up shooting one full round of 30 targets followed by another nearly complete round then one last 1/2 course. I was pretty well shot out by the end of the day.:bounce:

I had the pleasure of shooting with Lorren68 (Kevin), his buddy Tim, Doug Bell, stickbow (Vernon), Mike Clark, Jake Allen, RogerB, Dutchman (Gene), Necedah (Dave) and baldfish (Charlie).

I also had the pleasure of eating a fantastic meal with more food dishes than I could get on my plate. The smoked meats by Joe coots were wonderful and the desert dishes were awesome!!!

The fellowship and good clean family fun in this beautiful setting was icing on the cake!

Thanks once again to Joe, Kim, and family for allowing us to invade your piece of paradise. Your hospitality is top notch!! :cool:

And last but certainly not least, thanks to all who donated some awesome prizes for the raffle! I didn't win any of the prizes but was happy for all who did.

Following are a few pic's I took at raffle time and hopefully I will get a few videos up on YouTube so I can post them here later tonight or tomorrow.

Attachments

• TBGNZ5-21-11-1.jpg
    TBGNZ5-21-11-1.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 139
  • TBGNZ5-21-11-2.jpg
    TBGNZ5-21-11-2.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 134
  • TBGNZ5-21-11-3.jpg
    TBGNZ5-21-11-3.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 128
  • TBGNZ5-21-11-4.jpg
    TBGNZ5-21-11-4.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 131
  • TBGNZ5-21-11-5.jpg
    TBGNZ5-21-11-5.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 132
  • TBGNZ5-21-11-1o.jpg
    TBGNZ5-21-11-1o.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 141
  • TBGNZ5-21-11-9.jpg
    TBGNZ5-21-11-9.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 128
  • TBGNZ5-21-11-8.jpg
    TBGNZ5-21-11-8.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 128
  • TBGNZ5-21-11-7.jpg
    TBGNZ5-21-11-7.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 157
  • TBGNZ5-21-11-6.jpg
    TBGNZ5-21-11-6.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 127
  • TBGNZ5-21-11-11.jpg
    TBGNZ5-21-11-11.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 144
  • TBGNZ5-21-11-12.jpg
    TBGNZ5-21-11-12.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 137
  • TBGNZ5-21-11-13.jpg
    TBGNZ5-21-11-13.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 127
  • TBGNZ5-21-11-14.jpg
    TBGNZ5-21-11-14.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 133

Clipper

Today was my first TBG shoot and I had a great day. I came home and told my wife a shot a baboon today:). Thanks to the Coots for their hospitality, all who worked to set up the course, and all who helped provide the fantasic lunch I enjoyed. To all those I shot with today, thanks for letting me join your group, it was a pleasure to shoot with you. And to young Jeremy who shot so well in our group this morning, keep practicing and we may see you in the olympics some day. Jake, thanks for taking me under your wing this morning.

David Lee, Cartersville, GA.

Al33

A few videos from the shoot:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e2stUHzK5BQ?hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e2stUHzK5BQ?hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mnwo0IC-BwM?hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mnwo0IC-BwM?hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YrOEHnlXCSo?hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YrOEHnlXCSo?hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Necedah

Thank you Joe and Kim for another great shoot!
Still don't know what I enjoyed the most, the eating, the shooting, or the fellowship. The food was fantastic, the target set was challenging, and the chance to experience it all with friends was the best.

Dave

John V.

My family and I had a great time as always. This has become my families favorite Trad event of the year. The Coots family hospitality is second to none. Thanks to everyone at TBG for putting on this shoot and all the other activities throughout the year.

FVR

I had a blast. Got to see many who I've not seen in awhile. Of course I got my butt handed to me by Leon, oneday I may just whoop him. LOL...in my dreams.

Thanks JC and family, great shoot.

belle&bows

Thanks Al for posting the pics and videos. REALLY hated to miss this one and seeing all again. Looks like a great time!

Joe "JC" Coots

Pleasure meeting you Chris, hope we get to share a fire at some point.

Stickbow

Went to the Northern Zone shoot Saturday...what a blast as always. Joe always puts on one heck of a shoot. I really enjoyed spending time with everyone and seeing some that i hadnt seen in a while and meeting new people. Great group. I have attached a couple of pictures from my cell phone. unfortunately I had to leave the DSLR and photographer (wife) at home so this will have to do.

Al ... I would like to get a copy of those videos if possible. :biggrin2:

Attachments

• TBG N Zone shoot May 2011.jpg
    TBG N Zone shoot May 2011.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 78
  • TBG N Zone shoot May 2011-2.jpg
    TBG N Zone shoot May 2011-2.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 79