Team #14 "3-Toed Mafia"

Reminex

Good bird Eddie! I say hold off on posting him though, I think we should hold out for some bigger birds.:biggrin2:

I am now on a bleepin mission to kill a good one. It will probably be Saturday before I get back out there. I did walk up on what I believe to be a little 2 year old this afternoon, could have been a long bearded jake. 6-7" beard and I could see no spurs. I want to have a tag available to hunt Rum Creek at the end of the month. When that's over 2 year olds beware.

BgDadyBeardBustr

Gone But Not Forgotten
Congratulations Eddie on an awesome bird! I can believe you shot a handicapped bird though! He had to have been hopping cause I know his beard was wrapped up in his spurs! :)
Tim

turkeyed

Congratulations Eddie on an awesome bird! I can believe you shot a handicapped bird though! He had to have been hopping cause I know his beard was wrapped up in his spurs! :)
Tim

Tim,

Hope all is well ole buddy. Thanks. I was truly surprised to say the least. I knew he was big before I shot him but I had no idea just how big. Have you had any luck?

Reminex

Lot of action. Almost doubled up with a buddy today but they were grouped up two year olds anyway. I am calling my shot on a big bird tomorrow morning.

chobrown

Didn't get a chance to go this weekend. Me and the wife was out getting stuff for the new babys room. This is our first so you guys with kids can relate to what I was going through. I plan on hunting after work all this week, so maybe I can get my last one and tag out.

Reminex

Didn't get a chance to go this weekend. Me and the wife was out getting stuff for the new babys room. This is our first so you guys with kids can relate to what I was going through. I plan on hunting after work all this week, so maybe I can get my last one and tag out.

You have got to get your priorities straight

1. God
2. Hunting& fishing
3. Family

4. work

I know how it is, good luck this week!

Reminex

Birds were silent today, 1 gobble all morning. Between this weather and 2 dogs that came in and said hello at 6:45I couldnt get it done on ole big boy yet again. Had a hen fly down to 10 yards though before I ever made a call, she was my decoy for 10 minutes but was very quite herself and I could tell she was looking for the dogs.

Maduro on Point

He is just a 2 year old.:cool: Been feeding him an experimental turkey management feed that I plan to start selling soon. You wanna buy some? :biggrin2:
Congratulations Eddie! Nice scoring bird!

Reminex

Going in the morning to find out if turkeys gobble in near freezing temps. I have a good feeling they will be vocal in the morning!

chobrown

Hope they sing for you this morning!!! Let us know how it goes. Good luck maybe you can get on that big un'

Reminex

Well my wife was extra tired when I was leaving and the little one woke up, so I traded this morning for this afternoon and tomorrow morning. She said she hasn't got to sleep in all week...I said I havent slept in since march 21st!It was aweful cold when I went to warm my truck up anyway, the cold coupled with a strutting gobbling turkey would be enough to shake me to death! Last time I hunted and it was this cold is when I missed at 20 yards opening week. I can all to well remember that barrell bobin up and down and left and right, panicing to wits end b/c I thought he would see the burst of cold frosty breath coming from yonder bush.

Last edited:

turkeyed

Best of luck Reminex.

I drove down to the in-laws down in the Okefenokee late last night. Gonna do some scouting today and see if we can't find a spot or two that has birds and is not flooded. Lots of rain down here the last couple days. I will be hunting thru Saturday. I'm working on a trip as we speak. I might leave out Monday and go to Nebraska for a Merriams hunt. Not sure its going to work out just yet. I will know by the end of the week. Kinda a last minute idea. Best of luck to everyone!

turkeyed

Nebraska trip will have to wait until next year. Oh well. Going hunt here and them head back to try to get my last bird. I don't have much confidence down here. There is standing water everywhere. Might need a canoe or jon boat. Oh well. We will give it our best effort.

Reminex

I struck out this afternoon on a small local tract, fresh tracks in the roads though. Ive called in jakes and hens on this property this year but havent heard a gobble yet with some big birds on camera. Got a feeling a boss has everyone shut-up. Ill be going tomorrow morning, Friday afternoon, all day Saturday and sunday morning. A big one is gonna give soon!

turkeyed

Guys I did not get to hunt much on my trip south. The water was high when I arrived and steady heavy rain made it worse. My father in law and I managed to get a jeep stuck in the middle of a road. Well i guess I should say flooded in the middle of the road. The road washed away and we drove off in a wash that was deep enough to come up to the rear window. The inside flooded and after that little episode I said mess on it. I will be hunting most if not all of the week.

Happy Easter to each of you and your families!

chobrown

getting tired of the rain

Dang. Sounds like you had an interesting trip to say the least. Glad yall are ok after the wash out with the jeep.

I went yesterday and had two jakes on me but that's the only birds I saw.

Happy Easter to all! !!!!

turkeyed

Here is the pics from this mornings hunt.

My bird was 21lb, 1 1/8" spurs and 10 3/8" beard

Will's birds was 16 lbs, 1 3/8 spurs, and 10 1/8 beard

Attachments

• double.jpg
    double.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 178
  • double 2.jpg
    double 2.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 180
  • double beards.jpg
    double beards.jpg
    480.9 KB · Views: 184
  • double spurs.jpg
    double spurs.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 178
  • Overall Resize.jpg
    Overall Resize.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 179
  • Date Resized.jpg
    Date Resized.jpg
    411.5 KB · Views: 182
  • Beard resized.jpg
    Beard resized.jpg
    365.7 KB · Views: 180

chobrown

Congrats again on an awesome morning!!!! Its amazing what them trumpets will do ain't it lol.