Team #16 "Spur Collectors"

Will-dawg

Nothing wrong with that!! I killed a bird one year at 6:00 pm on May 15th. One of the biggest I've ever taken. You just never know!!

Way to stick with them!!:cheers:

turkeyed

Way to stick with it till the end! Bottom of the ninth bird for sure. Congrats!

4x4

Thanks guys I'll be struck with permagrin for the next day or so :biggrin2: shot him at 7:25 exact.

Reminex

Way to go! Ive killed them that late but never on the last day.

Come in to calling or you have him patterned?

4x4

Way to go! Ive killed them that late but never on the last day.

Come in to calling or you have him patterned?

I have only hunted this property 3 times this season. I get off work at 6 and the property is very close to my work. I was setup and made my first set of calls at 6:30. 7:00 I made my 2nd series of calls and at the time the wind was howling and I thought I herd a hen putting in a field 200 yds from me. At 7:10 I got up and made my way to the field. Made it 20 yds from the field, kneeling down and clucked very lightly. 2 hens poked their head up looking my way at 150 yds away. When they went bck to feeding I crawled on my belly to the fence and laid my gun on my seat under the barbwire. They were filtering their way right to me. At 75 yds I turned my head to project my calling back into the woods, and when I turned back around I seen a glowing red head standing tall in the field.
Game on! Heart was about to beat out of my chest. The hens were 40 yds in front of the gobbler and when they got 20 yds from me they broke to my weak side(right) and just piddled around. The gobbler was so interested he wasnt paying much attention to the hens. At 40 yds and closing he started breaking to the left(strong side) and I let him get 20 yds so I could see a full beard. A 3" #4 LongBeard rocked his world, didnt even flop! Im still beside myself! Talk about down to the wire!

WHOA! Awesome 4x4! That is some stick to it!

Yes sir! Im very happy and had a great season!

4x4

Here is my measurment pics. Let me know if they are good to post in the kill thread, if the pics aint no good i got till the 20th to post batter pics, thought i think these are fine.

First pic was taken today, the measurment pics were taken in my workshop last night

Squeaky

It's been fun guys as this was my first year to play in the challenge. We gave it our best and it was a pleasure to have you guys as teammates!!

I wrapped up my season Wednesday. I ended up with 13 birds for the year. I got two merriams and one Rio on my last trip.