Glad it;s during the daylight hours

Hoss

Cicadas are singing around us. First heard the noise about a week ago. Wasn’t too loud and could only hear em if you were outside. Now you can hear em indoors. Never heard anything like this before. Sounds like something from an old science fiction movie. Guess we moved into an area that is loaded with cicadas.

Hoss

This is definitely different than the normal summertime buzz of cicadas. I agree that is a sound of summer. This sounds more like an alien invasion from an old science fiction movie. Saw on the news that folks in one county in South Carolina were calling the police asking what the noise was. Too bad I can’t post audio on here, I’ve got some good recordings of it.

Hoss

Yep that’s what is going on. Never seen so many emerge. We have a power pole by the street which has been a spot that they liked to climb. Several hundred to thousand exoskeletons on the ground around that pole. Pretty amazing. Even our little dachshund loves em. He goes out and hunts for them. Seems to like the taste.

greg_n_clayton

I use to have a place on Richard B Russell. A number of years ago...they done their thing there. It was so loud it got very irritating to be be outside. You could shake a small tree in the yard and several hundred would fly off. And the sound...you could go to where it sounded like it was coming from....only for the sound to move to another area. Very strange it was to me ! Never had heard of them till then. Don't know that I have ever heard any here in Rabun County !

Whitefeather

Management Material
IMG_5884.jpeg
We got them in SE Coweta Co. I started noticing them last Saturday morning. They were really humming this afternoon

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter

Hoss