Team # 39 --- Gobbler's Nightmare!

Omega

Way to go!!!!! :fine:

Omega, where ya at??? ::ke: :bounce:

Gettin' ready to post him now. Took one Saturday morning. It only took 3 hours from the first gobble until I pulled the trigger...dang hens :banginghe

101_2584.jpg

Handgunner

Pretty bird!!! Way to go!

Like Trey said, we may be in the game again!!!

Omega

Pretty bird!!! Way to go!

Like Trey said, we may be in the game again!!!

I'll finish up the Florida season Friday and Saturday morning before my sister's wedding and then back into GA to see if I can get some use of this non-resident hunting license :rolleyes:

Handgunner

I'll finish up the Florida season Friday and Saturday morning before my sister's wedding and then back into GA to see if I can get some use of this non-resident hunting license :rolleyes:
:bounce:

Good luck to ya!

I just finished putting up a blind and should be set to go in the morning. A LOT of food in the plots for them to be eating, so I hope I get some action! ::;

weathermantrey

I really blew it this morning! The good thing is that the last 3 times i've went to this place, there's been a turkey gobbling on this one little ridge every time.. the next morning I go i'm camping out on that ridge regardless of how many other turkey's are gobbling in the area.

Omega

I really blew it this morning! The good thing is that the last 3 times i've went to this place, there's been a turkey gobbling on this one little ridge every time.. the next morning I go i'm camping out on that ridge regardless of how many other turkey's are gobbling in the area.

I did that for a bird that was seen frequently feeding in one area...he never showed that dayb :rolleyes:

On a better note, I will be posting my second FL bird soon! :banana: 9 3/4" beard 3/4" spurs. (17.25 more points!)

Sorta called this one in. I was walking and blind calling and checked a food plot. When I got back to the road he was in full stride, running my way. When he stepped from behind the brush at 15 yards :shoot:

Handgunner

That's what I'm talkin' about!

On the board again! Way to go Omega!

Omega

:banginghe

I just went through the pictures and found out that I had to shave 1/8" because I don't have a picture good enough to show it's really 9 3/4" beard :banginghe

weathermantrey

We made a canoe trip this morning down a river to try and get those hard to reach public land birds.

I had him fire off at daylight on the top of a steep ridge. There's wasnt really any way I could get up there with him w/o him seeing me so I Just set up along the river's edge. He flew down and came down to me but stayed in a little swag just out of sight. Next thing I know 4 or 5 more turkeys, I think gobblers?!?, coming running down the hill and go in the same swag. Then about 2 minutes later ANOTHER gobbler comes off the side of the ridge and walks right up to me.

I know for sure the turkey I killed wasn't the turkey that was gobbling, and I would say i'm 90 percent sure the other turkeys I saw were gobblers...

Anyways, After I shot him all those other turkey's get the heck out of there and I didn't hear a peep the rest of the morning as we drifted on down the river to the lower bridge.

weathermantrey

I'm gonna wait the 7 days before I post my gobbler in the challenge.

We might as well see if we can beat 21.50 over the next week before entering him! I have a feeling the gobbling turkey that I got out on is a HOSS!

Handgunner

I'm gonna wait the 7 days before I post my gobbler in the challenge.

We might as well see if we can beat 21.50 over the next week before entering him! I have a feeling the gobbling turkey that I got out on is a HOSS!
Good luck on it and smart move on waiting! I wish I had... Looks like I'm going to be able to squeeze in a few more hunts before my 7 day dead-line.

weathermantrey

Looks like we've limited out and will probably finish in the Top 10. I guess we can't complain about that. I really enjoyed being in this contest with you two guys. It's nice to be in the contest with people that actually keep up with it on a regular basis. Maybe we'll get lucky and be on the same team next year!
:cool:

Handgunner

Enjoyed it as well y'all... We can't complain we've all had a good season!

Been fun!