Team 4 “The PARTY Team”

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I’d be close to where he was roosted this morning in the morning before daylight, and when u can tell or think he’s on the ground give him a little quiet soft Yelp and nothing else , he may just come looking for love and if he’s there again and u don’t kill or spook him get under his tree tomorrow afternoon and be still and wait him out , good luck I’m pulling for u
I was right where they came out sat am and I should have killed a bird! I don’t regret not shooting him as soon as I saw him....I’m actually glad I was able to recognize what I was looking at. So much fun!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Craziest morning ever on a public field. Three hunters showed up. The hunter I followed in crossed the field which left me the place I was headed. If the first guy isn’t there. I stopped at a natural ground blind I made long ago and scanned the field looking for the first hunter......don’t know where he is. I set up put my decoys out then straddled my tree a few feet outta the wood line. I watched the guy across the field put out a small flock of decoys and the anticipation was growing with each passing second.
Seemed like forever passed and the Sun started to climb up on the field. Then I hear him, behind me within 50 yards. Then a fake Jake call from the guy on the other side of the field I give the softest squeak I can muster with my heart pounding and he hammers back again, just over my right shoulder this time and CLOSE......I’m thinking hes coming up right beside me. Then he hammers again over my left shoulder this time. I hear that Jake call go off again from across The field. I almost busted out laughing but maintained my composure. Out front enters the hen, not paying much mind to my decoys right out in front of me, nor me. Then the Tom shows up right out in front on my left side. They don’t see me and he does a weak gobble at my decoy, spread his feathers, and I could see it wasn’t a Jake, but not more than maybe 2......I’m sitting still waiting on that second bird! This whole time that gobbler was doing that “tick” sound too. I waited and waited and waited.....patiently waiting and having the time of my life! I really needed him to be on my right side for good shot or I’d have to do some kind of funky side lean bend over to get a shot......Or move further left. But that bird stayed there and made me peep around my tree to see him. All of a sudden I hear BOOM! From my left side and the bird ran to my right! I start calling to him and he stops for just a second and I dropped the barrel and shot at him, but he was in a hurry and I missed. I wasn’t sure if hunter 1 was shooting at the same bird or not, but it was. He missed and so did I! :huh:
Sounds like a great hunt but somewhere I wouldn’t want to be , ain’t no turkey worth getting shot , good luck and be safe !

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
That sounds like a close one Befriendly!!!!! Glad you had fun!!!! Was that birds lucky day!!!!!
No chance for me this mornin.
I hunted where he was gobbling his head off yesterday mornin. This mornin NOT A SOUND!!!! NUTHIN!!! I waited till well after daylight hoping he would gobble, then I made my first light hen yelps. No gobble. I made medium hen yelps. No gobble. A few minutes later I saw him struttin 100 yards away on the opposite tree line. I just waited a few minutes. He went back into the woods across the meadow. I called light and medium again but never heard him or saw him again.
Now I'll work for a couple days. Then go hunt at camp with family for the weekend.
Good luck y'all!!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I must’ve had too much fun to think about the what could have been......it was a rush for sure. I need to start learning how to locate birds. How early can I start blasting a crow call? I don’t mind waking and making the neighbors mad......I’ll be waking up Wayne anyway:fine:

sea trout

You can start roostin birds with crow call anytime. If they ain awake or don't wanna answer they won't.... but they might.
If you produce a turkey sound, sasquatch sound, timber wolf sound in the wee hours of the mornin that might not be good

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Without being able to watch a bird fly up and roost, I guess blasting off with a crow call my be my best bet to find one in the am. I keep going to the same place for the most part cause I always see birds. I need to try something different, but so far when I have, I have seen Nada.............I no likey Nada

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I may go this afternoon........maybe(I need to). I did find some tracks on a corp property yesterday afternoon, but Id have to use a crossbow on this one. If I use a crossbow, im guessing a fixed BH, vs a mechanical?

sea trout

If I hurry up I can go hunting in the morning and kill a turkey. That would get us on the board in the first week. ?
Go git em kmac!!!!!!!!!

sea trout

Without being able to watch a bird fly up and roost, I guess blasting off with a crow call my be my best bet to find one in the am. I keep going to the same place for the most part cause I always see birds. I need to try something different, but so far when I have, I have seen Nada.............I no likey Nada
One day I was fishin the coast with a buddy. We were on an ok trout bite spot, catchin one here and there. I told him I know another spot we could go try and it might be better.
So we took a 20 minute boat ride to different spot and never got a bite. This buddy told me...."Never run from fish".
And that has stuck with me for many a things.

I may go this afternoon........maybe(I need to). I did find some tracks on a corp property yesterday afternoon, but Id have to use a crossbow on this one. If I use a crossbow, im guessing a fixed BH, vs a mechanical?
IDK, way over my head.
Good luck!!!!!!!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
U get some turkey feathers from BKW to take your picture

sea trout

I've got a short hour n a halfish to go hunt tomorrow mornin! Rain or shine I've got to go try!!! Gonna get wet at work anyway!
Good luck y'all!!!
Congrats on a fine Tom kmac!!! Good pics too!!!

sea trout

Hope y'all doin good!!!!