Team #5...Team Long Beards

duckndeerhuntinRN

Any luck Guys, I saw a hen and a jake with about a 3 to 4 inch beard, No gobblin in Bulloch county..It was a nice day.
David

basskid5000

i saw like 13 turkeys and 11 where hens and 2 where small jakes w/ 4-5 inch beards... didnt want to waste a tag.

Also heard two gobblers around my house early this morning i believe they where still on their roosts...
dang I hate having to go to school at 7:45!!!!!!!!!!!!

Farm

I was sidelined this weekend and this upcoming weekend. Our company purchased to others and we are integrating the computer systems. C'mon April 4th.

basskid5000

bassfishin tourny interfered this past weekend.... went to were i had saw the big birds on the WMA and guess what... THEY ARE STILL THERE, and gobbling there heads off.
I can't wait till I get over there to hunt them.

duckndeerhuntinRN

how is the turkey huntin, I am going again all weekend,probally try the refuge sat and South carolina Sunday, hopefully I will find me a longbeard..
David

Farm

They've killed 6 at hunt camp and I'm headed that way Friday night.

basskid5000

man i hunted a good bit today with no luck at all...
I called in only 1 bird... a hen.
Im out of school this week so i'll be able to get at least 1 gobbler in for us. Also i can finally head up to my "secret spot" at the WMA. Hopefully i'll drop 2 there.

duckndeerhuntinRN

Got wet sat, and nothing wanted to move or talk sun, oh well will keep tryin, I think its gonna get good in a couple more weeks.
David

basskid5000

places where ive been hunting they gobble early then go quiet the rest of the day.
Ya'll know any tips or tricks i could use???

duckndeerhuntinRN

The best thing too do is see if you can find where they are roosting and get within 75 yds, get set up and after they gooble give a few soft purrs and sit still. many people have been killing silent birds after they hit the ground. may even use a blind if you have one.good luck..I hav,nt even had them gobbling, but see the tracks where they are..
David

Farm

Went this last weekend saw lots of good sign where I've been
scouting, of course so no turkeys and only got 1 cluck in response to a call. Going back this weekend, hoping for the best.

basskid5000

I saw 3 today while fishing.... 1 okay gobbler and two jakes.
sure do wish i would have had my 12 gauge with me!!!!!!!

duckndeerhuntinRN

got a limb hanger today in South Carolina..0650am, had two others gobbling with him..Thank You Lord..
This is my 3rd bird and first in SC..
11.5 beard
1 3/8 spurs. this is my biggest bird
whew I have been chasing this one for three weeks, had a disinct triple gooble. Had him at 70 yds last weekend and a hen flew down and stole him away..
David:banana:

Farm

That's awesome. Congrats, I spent 2 1/2 hours last weekend trying to get a bird to come in, but he just kept circling us. He had us on the edge of our seat the whole time.