Team 5 "Waddle Whackers"

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman”
I apologize Ant. Had one at 30 plus. Just a head shot and let it go. Shoulda boomed it. Trying to get a better shot.
Good thing is neither of us is hurt.
Just curious Kmac "just a head shot"??? Where do u usually shoot them , never mind I remember, all over !

antharper

I just added insult this weekend , Saturday it was like there wasn't a bird in the world , went back this morning, and herd 1 and got close enough to see him fly down, and I had only clucked a couple times cause this bird don't like know call, well after about 30 min of watching him he was over a little hill and I was gonna try and move , and put my gun on ground, when I did something caught my attention , it was a gobbler 20yds behind me , needless to say he didn't hang around for no shot , I've spent almost my whole season after this bird on public land , and haven't even hunted my private land since i called up the 1 my daughter killed a month ago , gonna go to private land in the morning, he may have whipped me Kmac !

I'm with you on the frustrations.

Great opening day for me, but since then it's been slowww.

Most excited morning I've had since is when I caught a trespasser turkey hunting on the property. :huh:

Have had a bird I've hunted hard. Had a chance 2 weekends ago and got impatient. Bird has laryngitis now.

Maybe this week.

antharper

Finally got the monkey off my back , it's sure been a exhausting but fun season, 12in beard 1 1/4 Spurs , got to find someone to take pics , and get back after #2

That's a heckova bird.

Get them pictures just right for the entry.

With the spurs and the beard that could be a nice bonus point bird. That'd be a good un (and worth the wait). :cool::cool:

---------------------------------------------------------
How Birds will be Judge
1. Jakes=2 points
2. Adult Gobblers= 5 points (Adult standards for this contest will be any gobbler with a 6 inch beard or longer. If it's close, a picture with a ruler/tape will be needed to verify. In the rare case that an adult gobbler has beard rot, a picture of the spurs lying on a newspaper to verify the date or a picture of a FULL fan and date verification will be accepted. It will be the judges’ decision to whether or not the gobbler is an adult.)
3. 10 inch beard or longer= 1 Bonus point
4. 11 inch beard or longer= 2 Bonus points
5. 12 inch beard or longer=3 Bonus points
6. Multi-bearded turkeys=1 Bonus Point plus Bonus points for the longest beard. Must have a pic to clearly show the base of the beards. Multi-Bearded jakes are worth 3 points.
7. 1 ¼ inch spur or longer=2 Bonus Points
8. 1 ½ inch spur or longer=3 Bonus Points
9. All Spur Bonus Point pictures must be measured from any inch line

Last edited:

antharper

Do I need to post a kill thread. :)
Thanks kmac , and I guess someone does , but I'm in no hurry, I've got #2 acting like he wants to die , the bird I killed only gobbled 1 time in tree and once on the ground, but I could hear a couple more sounding off probably on elfis land I'm playing with 1 of them now !

kmckinnie

Staff member
That's funny. Elfiii always says they on yours. He done quit hunting for the year.

antharper

Kill that un and we'll send Olan Mills out to do the pictures.

:cool: :cool:
He's done gon quite on me , I done cleaned the 1 I killed so I may just hang out for a while , I was home in time to take my daughter to school, I killed him at 7:05