I just added insult this weekend , Saturday it was like there wasn't a bird in the world , went back this morning, and herd 1 and got close enough to see him fly down, and I had only clucked a couple times cause this bird don't like know call, well after about 30 min of watching him he was over a little hill and I was gonna try and move , and put my gun on ground, when I did something caught my attention , it was a gobbler 20yds behind me , needless to say he didn't hang around for no shot , I've spent almost my whole season after this bird on public land , and haven't even hunted my private land since i called up the 1 my daughter killed a month ago , gonna go to private land in the morning, he may have whipped me Kmac !
With the spurs and the beard that could be a nice bonus point bird. That'd be a good un (and worth the wait).
How Birds will be Judge
1. Jakes=2 points
2. Adult Gobblers= 5 points (Adult standards for this contest will be any gobbler with a 6 inch beard or longer. If it's close, a picture with a ruler/tape will be needed to verify. In the rare case that an adult gobbler has beard rot, a picture of the spurs lying on a newspaper to verify the date or a picture of a FULL fan and date verification will be accepted. It will be the judgesâ€™ decision to whether or not the gobbler is an adult.)
3. 10 inch beard or longer= 1 Bonus point
4. 11 inch beard or longer= 2 Bonus points
5. 12 inch beard or longer=3 Bonus points
6. Multi-bearded turkeys=1 Bonus Point plus Bonus points for the longest beard. Must have a pic to clearly show the base of the beards. Multi-Bearded jakes are worth 3 points.
7. 1 ¼ inch spur or longer=2 Bonus Points
8. 1 ½ inch spur or longer=3 Bonus Points
9. All Spur Bonus Point pictures must be measured from any inch line
Thanks kmac , and I guess someone does , but I'm in no hurry, I've got #2 acting like he wants to die , the bird I killed only gobbled 1 time in tree and once on the ground, but I could hear a couple more sounding off probably on elfis land I'm playing with 1 of them now !