Team #6 "Roost Reaper"

hotamighty

Kmkinnie, I done killed my limit! Tell Ben to put some corn on his hook and catch a bid ole longbeard worth a bunch of bonus points! Y'all been stackin em up. Save him at least one more bird. Lol

bshadrick

I am not done yet and the keys to my honey is safely in my pocket

TurkeyBird

It was indeed a beautiful weekend to be outdoors! We had an awesome hunt on Saturday morning, and I was fortunate to call up a good bird for a buddy of mine! The birds were definately hammering and after about an hour, 3 gobbling birds were in our lap! My buddy shot the biggest one, and it had a 10.5" beard, a smaller double beard, and 1 1/8" spurs. We have killed some really nice birds this year overall.

Good luck to everyone still chasing! The weather looks good all week. Maybe another bonus bird is in our near future!

TurkeyBird

The race for second place is getting tight! We need bonus points and a strong finish with our wild card!

Congrats to Dane for moving into second for highest scroring hunter! You've had a great season!

Good luck to everyone heading out this weekend!

jrmcc

Congrats Dane on the second highest scoring hunter. I will hold off on entering my bird as a wildcard for now. I think second place will come down to us and team 4, who ever can turn in the best wild card bird. Good luck to everybody this week

hotamighty

Thanks guys. I have been blessed this season for sure! Y'all have had a pretty descent season yourselves! I think there are a couple of teams besides us that still have a shot at second. Maybe we can hold on to it. Good luck this weekend, be safe and have fun!

jrmcc

Second place is getting close. Antharper killed a bigun. Should I go ahead and enter the wildcard in case it comes down to a tie we will have the first entry?

hotamighty

I say it depends on how much of a chance we have of getting another bonus point bird. I know I want enter another bird, how much hunting will Ben, Matt, and yourself be doing between now and Friday? If y'all aren't going to be able to get in much hunting time then I say go ahead and put him in. What do y'all think?

bshadrick

I am not going to be able to go back until Thursday afternoon

TurkeyBird

I would agree Dane. I've been tagged out for a month now (5 pt bird that I saved as wildcard), in case anyone didn't know, and I am not going anywhere else to hunt this year. I took a buddy and hunted for the last time Saturday! It's been a fun season!

If someone is planning on putting in some time this week, I am fine with waiting. If we think we are done, I am fine with entering the bird now. I haven't checked the other teams to see how close we are.

hotamighty

Looks like team 8 is 1 point behind us. When we enter our wild card that will put us 3 up. If they happen to get an 8 point bird and enter as their wildcard before us then they will have the tie breaker. BUT, If we go ahead and enter him now and Bshadrick kills a 9 pointer, then we rushed ourselves out of a point??? Not sure what the best plan is. Bshadrick , what do you think your chances of killing a 9 or better are Thursday and Friday?

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Looks like team 8 is 1 point behind us. When we enter our wild card that will put us 3 up. If they happen to get an 8 point bird and enter as their wildcard before us then they will have the tie breaker. BUT, If we go ahead and enter him now and Bshadrick kills a 9 pointer, then we rushed ourselves out of a point??? Not sure what the best plan is. Bshadrick , what do you think your chances of killing a 9 or better are Thursday and Friday?

I'm pretty sure our 9pt wildcard is already in our pocket !!

bshadrick

my only chance of going is this afternoon and it is possible but no promises

hotamighty

Was that Bshadrick's shotgun making that boom or was that just the thunder?? Lol The suspense is killing me Ben!!

TurkeyBird

Well, if we are done, post up our wild card! Congrats to everyone on a fine season! Maybe we can hold on to our spot. It has been a fun ride this season!

hotamighty

Well fella's, we have done all we can do. We have all hunted hard and all of us had a pretty good season. Enjoyed keeping up with y'all during the season and hearing your stories about your trips. Maybe we can hold on to 2nd but if not, I have still enjoyed the challenge this year. All we can do now is pray and keep our fingers crossed!