Team #95

Arrow3

This is a thread for teammates to communicate with each other and "talk smack" :bounce:if needed. After teams are drawn on March 11th, all team members are required to make at least one post on this thread with a picture uploaded from a camera...Doesn't matter what you take a pic of as long as it adheres to the forum rules and is in good taste....Good luck in the contest. I will open the thread up for posting as soon as the teams are known...You will have till 11:59pm on March 17th to post a picture on this thread or you will be replaced in the contest...Period!

Dupree

im here

Well I finally know my team. I am posting a pic of my wife and dog on a squirrel hunt and a picture of a bird I killed at the wma last year. Just posting a couple to show I know how to. I love hunting turkeys more than anything else. I will do my best to pull my weight in the challenge, but the first bird I call in will be for my wife. Come one march 22!!!!!!

Attachments

• erica and bitzie (640 x 480).jpg
    erica and bitzie (640 x 480).jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 270
  • 2007 turkeys 001 (640 x 480).jpg
    2007 turkeys 001 (640 x 480).jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 272

Quercus Alba

Here I is. My season opens April 1 here in SC. I'm taking my mom on opening day. Hopefully I can tag one the second day out. I hunt both private and public.

Attachments

• DSCN0545.jpg
    DSCN0545.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 264

Dupree

I sent a pm to the 3rd member so maybe he will show. You live in SC and he lives in KY. So much for trying to get a hunt going with my team mates. I guess when I kill one I will check with you and our other team mate to make sure yall want it entered, but I think the first couple birds that are killed should be entered, as long as the arent jakes (i wont be killing anything but longbeards).

Zack attack

Hello Men

My season will start out in Ga on Opening weekend. I will be hunting with my brother in Toccoa Ga. I then will resume hunting opening weekend in KY april 12th.

Attachments

• forum avatar.GIF
    forum avatar.GIF
    57 KB · Views: 240

Zack attack

Hey guys,
We seem to be one of the younger teams. I am 25. How old are you guys? I believe the Young Guns can get her done!!! We have more energy, zeal, and need less sleep than those old farts. :bounce:

Dupree

Im 21, and I know I lose a lot of sleep beginning in march. Ill be hunting every weekend, and I have a couple days off the first week of april.

Slings and Arrows

Hey guys,
We seem to be one of the younger teams. I am 25. How old are you guys? I believe the Young Guns can get her done!!! We have more energy, zeal, and need less sleep than those old farts. :bounce:

That would be a good name for your team -"Young Guns" Good luck to y'all this season from an old ************

tbgator

Banned
Hey guys,

Remember, these old farts are your teachers:bounce:

Dupree

I dont need any more teaching from old farts. The only teaching I take now is from turkeys. I had learned all that a person could teach about 6 years ago, now the turks teach me every thing else.

Dupree

I went to one of my places this evening to take a look around and there are gobbler tracks all over the place. The good thing is I only saw 2 sets of hen tracks, compared to about 10 gobbler sets. I hung around a while, but didnt hear any gobbles. Ill be headed out there this weekend to do some listening.

Quercus Alba

I too have spotted very little hen sign. I'm headed out to listen in the morning.

Dupree

what im workin with.

I know many folks on here have more calls than I could fit in my closet, but this is what I got, which is more than I need to kill one. I also have a couple of decoys, but I usually dont use them. Im going in the morning to listen, Im ready for next weekend!!!

Attachments

• turkey gear 001 (640 x 480).jpg
    turkey gear 001 (640 x 480).jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 218

DS7418

Gone But Not Forgotten
::ke: Hey 4x4,, send more corn >> this turkey you left chained up in my dog lot is starveing to death...:bounce:

Dupree

::ke: Hey 4x4,, send more corn >> this turkey you left chained up in my dog lot is starveing to death...:bounce:

I though I told you to keep quiet about that!!

DS7418

Gone But Not Forgotten
Good luck buddy..

Quercus Alba

I keep a few too many myself.

Attachments

• fffffffffffffffffffffff.jpg
    fffffffffffffffffffffff.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 203
  • fffffffffffffffffffff.jpg
    fffffffffffffffffffff.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 199
  • ffffffffffffff.jpg
    ffffffffffffff.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 197

Dupree

Thats a nice collection you got there.

I went this morning and heard 5 different birds. I heard 4 on the roost, 3 only gobbled once, and one gobbled about 15 times. When it was time for flydown he shut up. Im thinking he might be keeping the others shut up, maybe hes the dominant bird. I know his gobble though, real long and loud with a bb in a tin can sound at the end. Around 8:30 I headed back to the truck and heard a bird gobble at a woodpecker. I would not have been able to hear him from where I listened. One thing I dont like about this place is that there is a state highway on the front of the property and its hard to hear for all the cars. Even before daylight on a saturday there is plenty of traffic on it, but there are some birds there. Im going to go back in the morning and take my wife to listen again and see if I hear anything else.

After I left the property I made a short ride by a couple of feilds that hold birds close to my house and saw 3 longbeards in one, and about 18-20 hens with a longbeard strutting in another. Im pumped up!!

Latest posts