Tennessee making changes due to turkey population declines

lampern

Looks like mostly in West Tennessee but I predict this will become a trend as hunters get upset about declining flocks.

South Carolina seemed to be the first state to make changes and now Tennessee.

goblr77

TN is on the right track but they need to include more that just the five extreme western counties in the proposal for the bag limit reduction. I hunt Carroll county every year and the population there is definitely lower than what it was five or six years ago.

Gut_Pile

I believe SC lowered the limit on public land to 2 turkeys and changed some season dates

SC is 3 turkeys state wide. No more than 1 the first 10 days. Non Residents can kill 2.

Half of the state the season is March 22-April 20. The other half is April 1-May 10

buckpasser

I’m not a believer in this trend being helpful. Want a more robust flock? Shoot less males at a different time you say? Sure, that might work. How about trapping? How about burning? How about forest management? How about weather? How about education on all of the above???

I’m sad to say this is just as was mentioned above- hunter dissatisfaction, causing a change.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
I've seen a slew of poults the last 2 weeks. It pretty much matches what I saw on cameras early to mid March. I saw one hen with no tail feathers. I assume she was attacked on nest maybe. I would guess 70% of the hens I've had in camera range have poults over the last 2 weeks. I live in Georgia though.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
I seen 11 toms in a row back in October/November of last year.
Seen four trucks at the gate come march.