Terrestrial Fly Swap

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Ok, this is a swap where the members will tie one terrestrial type fly for each member. The sign up period will run from now until 6/6/09. Then all flies will be due by 7/1/09. A terrestrial is an imitation of any non aquatic creature. A bug,bee,hopper,cricket,dragon/damselfly adult,mouse, lizard, or whatever. You decide and please announce here what you will tie and I will edit this first post with a list of members as they join and will edit it as well when you decide what to tie. I will also edit this first post with received as I get your flies in.
Rules:
I will send a PM to each member with my mailing address once the sign up period has expired.
Flies must be mailed to me by the due date.
Flies should be mailed in a container that will protect them in shippment,Altoid Tins are a good container for this purpose.
Your package MUST contain a self addressed, stamped return mailer. I should not have to pay for your postage to mail flies back to you. I use 6"x8" or larger padded mailers for both shipping and for return shippment.Simply fold your self address return mailer and place it with the container of flies inside the shipping mailer.
Please toe-tag each fly with your board name and the name of your fly. A toe-tag is a small slip of paper that you stick the hook point thru to ID that fly as your contribution.
I will post a picture of each fly as I get them in this thread.
Once I receive all the flies,I will sort and return as soon as possible. If I get all of them early,I will ship back early.

Please ask questions if you are new and don't understand. You may send a PM if you wish to ask that way.OK that Git'r Dun!:cool:

Paymaster Foam Cricket
zekekb Parachute Ant Received
bonedog TBA Withdrawn
fishnpreacher Black Beetle Received
IdRatherBHunting TBA Withdrawn
dawgcpa Dragonfly Received
Tightliner Yellow Jacket Received
WinMag.300 Foam Hopper
Frequent Flyer Cricket(Letort) Received
Toxic Popper Received

bonedog

Dang, Zeke, you beat me to the punch :) No worries, mine will be TBA for now.
bd

fishnpreacher

I'm in with a black beetle....
Paymaster do we need to post the recipe as well?

IdRatherBHunting

I am in. It is TBA but since I am very new to tying it will be a simple foam spider probably.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I'm in with a black beetle....
Paymaster do we need to post the recipe as well?

Thanks for joining in. You may post the recipe if you like. I like knowing how things are tied.:clap:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
IdRatherBHunting , dawgcpa , bonedog ,thanks for joining in.:fine:

Tightliner

Count me in. Dont know just yet what I'll tie though. I'll let ya know

Later....................................

Tightliner

Is an artificial Trout Chow considered a terrestrial :biggrin2: ??? I know corn is ::ke:. .

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Count me in. Dont know just yet what I'll tie though. I'll let ya know

Later....................................

Bout time you showed up.:flag:
Welcome

WinMag.300

I am in

with a Foam hopper.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I guess I will tie the Foam Cricket I have been playing around with.

Toxic

Room for one more ? If so put me down for a popper

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I will close the swap in the morning,so if ya want in speak up.