Tesla ELECTRIC Tractor Trailer Truck

NOYDB

BANNED
It's always about the con with you :bounce:

He has developed some good technology in batteries beyond cars. I don't have much use for a battery car, but the day will come, where it will look the same as a guy walking around with a beeper on his belt, to be driving a slower, less economic, less powerful vehicle.

Once cost are down and range is double what it is today, you will see a switch in the younger folks, they will start doing stupid stuff to them and a new hobby will propel a whole generation, just as gen Xers made a Honda Civic a cool car and my generation wouldn't own some stupid bumblebee sounding foreign garbage.

As always, does he have some thing that does what you need.

Now, he doesn't have anything that solves the problem of getting to point B from point A less expensively than we currently have.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
As always, does he have some thing that does what you need.

Now, he doesn't have anything that solves the problem of getting to point B from point A less expensively than we currently have.

And we have the issue of environmental and social destruction in other parts of the world to attain these materials to make Elan's technology work. He is a genieus with very good ideas, but the means to provide the materials for his technology is severely flawed. Not to mention the deposit of the toxic waste once these batteries are used up.

When I see Elan addressing all angles that are associated with his technology then I'll be totally impressed.

He's about to put 4000 + satellites up in the sky to make a global communications network that rivals none. I can't wait until future society is dependent on that technology and a space rock or four makes spaghetti out of it. :bounce:

NOYDB

BANNED
Musk is recycling old ideas to the gullible. Farming more investors and subsidy providers.

Iridium. Lets do it again. Only bigger this time.

Hyperloop. Fancier railroads.

Space-X. Let's do rockets again.

Tesla. Cars and trucks only less efficient electric. But lots of coin from the gullible and ignorant.

If you think con artists are smart then yes he is a genius.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Musk is recycling old ideas to the gullible. Farming more investors and subsidy providers.

Iridium. Lets do it again. Only bigger this time.

Hyperloop. Fancier railroads.

Space-X. Let's do rockets again.

Tesla. Cars and trucks only less efficient electric. But lots of coin from the gullible and ignorant.

If you think con artists are smart then yes he is a genius.

I would have to disagree on the Space-X program. The US has never had a rocket with a reusable 1st stage that lands on a drone platform after every launch. After billions upon billions of our tax dollars NASA gave up on that idea as not viable. Yet Mr. Musk figured it out in relative short order and well under what our government spent on failing to figure it out.

rospaw

Not sure about your statement. 35k for a base model 3 is not bad.
How about at 4,5,6 dollars a gallon? A to B becomes pretty cheap.?

"Tesla hasn’t yet released a cost calculator for the Model 3, but keeping Tesla’s current cheapest car, the Model S, juiced up costs approximately $601.50 a year in home energy costs if you drive 15,000 miles, according to Tesla’s own calculator. Fueling a gas-powered car that gets 30 miles to the gallon will cost you almost twice as much money — $1,105 — even at the current 12-year low of $2.21 per gallon."

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master

"Tesla hasn’t yet released a cost calculator for the Model 3, but keeping Tesla’s current cheapest car, the Model S, juiced up costs approximately $601.50 a year in home energy costs if you drive 15,000 miles, according to Tesla’s own calculator. Fueling a gas-powered car that gets 30 miles to the gallon will cost you almost twice as much money — $1,105 — even at the current 12-year low of $2.21 per gallon."

Yet the provided home charging cable will only get you 29 miles per hour of charge. But hey, if you spend $500 with them you can get the wall charger that must be professionally installed (added expense) to get you 52 miles per hour of charge. :bounce:

Oh, and good luck finding such a high efficiency charging station at your destination. Will you be there long enough for the provided cable to give you enough charge to get home?

NOYDB

BANNED
Figuring out how to do something with 50 years newer tech and then comparing the result to what could be done 50 years ago is not impressive.

Saying you could be flown to the moon with a catapult, and could do it faster if we built a bigger catapult. Is not a sign of competence. Nor if the gullible sign up to have the bigger catapult built has any vision or innovation been demonstrated.

I will be impressed when he invents something new.

rospaw

Yet the provided home charging cable will only get you 29 miles per hour of charge. But hey, if you spend $500 with them you can get the wall charger that must be professionally installed (added expense) to get you 52 miles per hour of charge. :bounce:

Oh, and good luck finding such a high efficiency charging station at your destination. Will you be there long enough for the provided cable to give you enough charge to get home?

29 miles an hour..... 8 hrs at home to nap and shave.... ready for a national AVERAGE commute at 15 miles..... you have 200 miles after work to cruise the strip!!! :banana:

Charging station will be coming to every corner. If they can make a extra dollar with the same footprint it will happen IF/WHEN the dollar can be made. We are not there yet but i think it is coming sooner than later.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
29 miles an hour..... 8 hrs at home to nap and shave.... ready for a national AVERAGE commute at 15 miles..... you have 200 miles after work to cruise the strip!!! :banana:

Charging station will be coming to every corner. If they can make a extra dollar with the same footprint it will happen IF/WHEN the dollar can be made. We are not there yet but i think it is coming sooner than later.

And they will still depend on plants other than solar to provide the power for them, thus putting additional burdens on the power grid. ;)

T-N-T

And they will still depend on plants other than solar to provide the power for them, thus putting additional burdens on the power grid. ;)

The nuclear and coal power grid?:huh:

NOYDB

BANNED

Figuring out final costs has to include everything. Installing and maintaining a charging point in garage. Any upgrades needed to utilities supplying the house.
Maintenance to the batteries, and any costs to replace them.

You decide to trade in your horse today. At the end of ten years your cost is everything you have to pay for during that ten years. Just the electricity used is not all the cost.

Some costs like tires will be similar. Windshield wipers may cost the same. But any disposal fees will be different. A lot hasn't even been decided on. No one knows the end result.

Same as always.

Does a Telsa model XXXX Do what you need done?

How much you have to spend to drive over the curb until you walk away is what will matter to you.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Figuring out final costs has to include everything. Installing and maintaining a charging point in garage. Any upgrades needed to utilities supplying the house.
Maintenance to the batteries, and any costs to replace them.

You decide to trade in your horse today. At the end of ten years your cost is everything you have to pay for during that ten years. Just the electricity used is not all the cost.

Some costs like tires will be similar. Windshield wipers may cost the same. But any disposal fees will be different. A lot hasn't even been decided on. No one knows the end result.

Same as always.

Does a Telsa model XXXX Do what you need done?

How much you have to spend to drive over the curb until you walk away is what will matter to you.

A windshield replacement is around $900. Better watch those rocks!!!

Big7

The Oracle
Looks like if they "who ever they" are, could design
something that would pull that much load, me thinks
a good alternator or generator would be in the package.

Charge as you go, so to speak.

Voyager 1 and Voyager 2 went 10 billion miles on one charge.
Launched in 1977.

Tell me "they" can't do that with a big rig or a car?

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
If you get 29 miles per hour of charge for a car, how long is it going to take to charge a big rig?

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Looks like if they "who ever they" are, could design
something that would pull that much load, me thinks
a good alternator or generator would be in the package.

Charge as you go, so to speak.

Voyager 1 and Voyager 2 went 10 billion miles on one charge.
Launched in 1977.

Tell me "they" can't do that with a big rig or a car?
Voyager 1 and Voyager 2 had something in common that cars don't. No Gravity and no Friction working against their propulsion. ;)

Big7

The Oracle
Voyager 1 and Voyager 2 had something in common that cars don't. No Gravity and no Friction working against their propulsion. ;)

You missed the point.

If you don't think Jupiter has gravity, you are
mistaken. Several of the moons dwarf the earth.

MY point was simple:

If something is turning why not hook it to a re-charger of some kind? ;)

Got it now?

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
You missed the point.

MY point was simple:

Got it now?

I got your point exactly. Drag coefficient creates load which drains the battery. ;)

sinclair1

I got your point exactly. Drag coefficient creates load which drains the battery. ;)

They had a electric car on Mister Rogers neighborhood 35 years ago. It was pretty sweet too, looked like a jeep.

They must have suicided him to keep the cars off the market, because they performed almost as well as the tesla using forklift batteries :D

NOYDB

BANNED
You missed the point.

MY point was simple:

Got it now?

It takes energy to get energy. Any you bleed off to a different purpose requires more input. You can't get more out of a system than is originally put in a system. A recharger would only decrease total travel available.