Test post

oldfella1962

Hmmm ... no other posts since Sunday?
I've been DESTROYING bluegills lately - I just didn't post anything about it.
Fishing from the bank in a small lake (six acres or so) where the grass carp keep the weeds trimmed back enough so I can use the drop-shot technique effectively. So I did an apples-to-apples test today: same species (bluegill) same bait (red worms) same line (4# test) same exact spot/structure & time of day. I caught consistently bigger bluegills and had fewer get off the hook using the drop-shot versus the bobber and split-shot method. I gave both methods the same amount of time in the test.

hipster dufus

Buddy tore up some bluegills yesterday, I caught a few greenies. Oconee.richland crk. Caught a few more greenies on Monday out of swords.
Maybe 2 more trips till I put up the Team Basshole rig

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
After a frustrating day on the lake last weekend, I winterized my boat and parked it.

oldfella1962

Buddy tore up some bluegills yesterday, I caught a few greenies. Oconee.richland crk. Caught a few more greenies on Monday out of swords.
Maybe 2 more trips till I put up the Team Basshole rig
I think this stretch of above temperatures in the high 70's (and not too cold nights) is really energizing the bluegills. I'm going out this afternoon and hoping I can get some of those really big old ones. Nothing against bass, but I'll take aggressive bluegills on an ultralight rod every time. :D

That said I wish redbreast sunfish got bigger in the lake I fish, because those jokers are like Tasmanian devils when it comes to aggression. I caught a couple of them and shellcrackers (too small to keep) a few days ago among the bluegills.

BassRaider

I bass fish at least 1 day per week - just don't post anything. This week fished Russell & Lanier. Last week, fished Hartwell & Lanier. Nothing to brag about, mostly dinks.

oldfella1962