Thank You, KYDawg!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
As some of you know, we have been in the process of moving lately. The only big thing we hadn't moved yet was the chest freezer. While we were emptying it out to move it yesterday, we got down into the refugee zone of misfit frozen things at the bottom. I found a vac-sealed bag that said, "Charlie Country Ham Scraps." It was the last remnants of that big, delicious Broadbent country ham that KyDawg sent me not long before he passed. :cry:

That's been a minute. But, I thawed it out this morning, and through the magic of Kentucky ham curing and vacuum sealing technology, it was still fresh and very edible. So, I mixed up a batch of biscuits, cooked those lil ham remnants up very carefully with some redeye gravy, scrambled some eggs, and voila!

breakfast10.jpg

Thank you so much for who you were, Charlie, my friend; and wherever you are, I hope the sun is shining down through the longleaf pine boughs, the bobwhites are whistling, the Blanton's bottle never runs empty, and the Dawgs are playing on a continuous loop. I miss you, Bo$$. :cheers:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Charlie is approving this thread as we speak. :rockon:

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Great thread , just plain awesome and touching ! And I have to agree about him being a fine man . Never met him in person, but from the conversations on here I knew he was one of a kind and my kind of man . I’ve got a pocket knife he gifted me for pretty much no reason at all , carry it often . We were planning a fishing trip that never happened and I so wish it would have !
Mighty fine looking breakfast to bud.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Da Bo$$ was da bestest.

I got the opportunity to join Charlie and his bride for a meal at the "Wagon Wheel" once when I was out that way on an anniversary trip. We enjoyed their company tremendously. They are #1 good people.

God bless you Charlie

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I was the lucky winner of one of those hams as well...
mine get et up pretty quick though...

Same here. Miss you big time Charlie. :rockon: